cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, my little guy has a badly infected tail. The doc said he was such a trooper, allowing her to clean the area and even clip some of the hair, but said it looked pretty bad and must really be irritating/painful for him. All these weeks I've been using duoxo pads and applying some topical antibiotic ointment, but he would continue to "chase" his tail...which frustrated me further and now I feel super guilty for not taking it more seriously.
He was really suffering and I was just thinking of myself. So, kicking myself for not getting that tail looked at sooner. He was given a shot of prednisone, a course of oral prednisone as well as some oral antibiotics.

As far as the prolapsed urethra goes, the doc tried to push it back inside, and inserted a catheter to aid with that. She took the catheter out and said to just monitor in the next few days. I'm hoping it won't come out again and the bleeding will stop. This morning there was a huge blood from where he was sleeping.

Hopefully, surgery won't be needed.:pray:

You guys have been really supportive and I appreciate all you guys very much! Finn says thank you too.
:heartsign:

L

Lucy-licious

Oh Henny....don't beat yourself up sweety. You tried your best to get treat his tail and took him to the vet when you realised it wasn't working :hug:

praying along with you for Finn to get better soon :pray:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As much as we watch over these babies, sometimes we just miss things, I have a BAD tendency to blame everything on allergies, so much so that Vegas had a staff infection for a week before I took him in because the Benadryl wasent helping :ashamed: With all that steroid in Finn, I bet by tomorrow you will see a huge difference. :heartsign:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, my little guy has a badly infected tail. The doc said he was such a trooper, allowing her to clean the area and even clip some of the hair, but said it looked pretty bad and must really be irritating/painful for him. All these weeks I've been using duoxo pads and applying some topical antibiotic ointment, but he would continue to "chase" his tail...which frustrated me further and now I feel super guilty for not taking it more seriously.
He was really suffering and I was just thinking of myself. So, kicking myself for not getting that tail looked at sooner. He was given a shot of prednisone, a course of oral prednisone as well as some oral antibiotics.

As far as the prolapsed urethra goes, the doc tried to push it back inside, and inserted a catheter to aid with that. She took the catheter out and said to just monitor in the next few days. I'm hoping it won't come out again and the bleeding will stop. This morning there was a huge blood from where he was sleeping.

Hopefully, surgery won't be needed.:pray:

You guys have been really supportive and I appreciate all you guys very much! Finn says thank you too.
:heartsign:

You did the right thing and that's all that matters now. thank you thank you for letting us know. He must be feel a whole lot better now that's for sure, I hope he can rest and stay calm for awhile. Buster and us pray and hope he heals quickly and all is ok from here on out. Hugs to you and Finn and Tate. :hug::assurred:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww Henny...:hug: You can't take the blame for this! Sadly, we can't see everything...and the important thing is..you found it and are fixing it for him. And you DO know that even Vets critters get sick....don't you? I'm hoping and hoping no surgery is needed...:pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Henny, I'm so sorry... Please don't blame yourself, you are a great bully momma!!! I can't tell you how many time I have rushed mine in for something minor, and then something simple turns out to be serious?!! Hopefully Finn will be feeling better soon, and I'm praying that he won't need any surgery!!! :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Henny, hindsight is 20/20, do not beat yourself up. He is going to be all better in no time. Big @$$. Hugs to you and Finn.... And an extra for Tate because he is being a good boy!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Henny you are the best Bullie Mum :yes: and we all miss things.

:pray: Finn wont need surgery.

BIG :hug: for you and Finn

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Dont blame yourself -agree with others sometimes i did to rush to the vet with simple things and when something more serious came up i thought it was something simple -your baby is now being treated -you are good bullie mum,you love care and look after him xxxxx please keep us updated on how things go x

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:pray: for Finn! And like everyone else I agree, you are a great mama to those boys. Kids will be kids and they sometimes fool us. Especially when they can't tell us something hurts. You got him the care he needs now, and that's the most important thing! :grouphug:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How is Mr. Paddington doing this morning??? ;)

Well, Mr. Bruce (hehe), he's doing a-o-kay...he's still asleep and it's already close to 7:30am here. That's rare for him and Tate. I think it's b/c mommy slept in today too. I usually wake up at 2:30 or 3am, and they'll wake up at around 5am b/c of me. Since i've been taking better care of myself I've been sleeping more soundly and for a longer period of time. Funny how our own health affects/influences our pets so much. They sense I'm more relaxed and they in turn become that way too. Finn is on prednisone AND an antibiotic so i'm trying to figure out how to hide those pills in his food...he's very suspicious and sniffs everything i give him before he'll put it in his mouth. I've found that rice pudding is a good pill "vehicle" as is ice cream!

(sorry for the long-winded answer to your question)! :rolleyes:

ps: no blood noticed from his peepee so i'm hoping that will be the case from now on.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
It's funny how some bullies dont like pills but will eat about anything else. Pills arent much of a problem here except for size.... HRH doesn't chew so we have to break somethings up for her but she will gobble them down with no problem. Amy is getting .7ml Ivermectin Orally once a day... what a fight that is.... apparently it doesnt taste good at all.. lol
Good to hear Tatester is doing better today ;)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Aww Henny, I totally agree with everyone's comments, please don't beat yourself up, or blame yourself. You are a great bully mommy, and you love your guys and care for them the same as all of us on here do. We all do our best, and try to keep on top of everything that happens to our babies, but we are not vets and we can't always catch everything, and there are so many things that we can treat naturally or by ourselves, that sometimes we try to go that route first. Also bullies have such a high pain tolerance, that we don't always know they are uncomfortable or in pain, as they don't show it. We do our best, we love them, and care for them, and that's all we can do. The most important thing is that you took him to the vet, and he's on the mend now. Hopefully he won't need any surgery, crossing my fingers and toes for you and Finn, and sending lots of hugs, love and prayers that he won't need surgery, and he feels better soon. Please keep us posted, on how he's doing. Good job mom. :goodjob:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.