URGENT!!! Beggin for help

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Hello , sorry for being away such a long time , this is an emergency , my dog cappuccino had really hard times when he was pup and he got better and better by time. hes been doing good with his raw food all the vomiting etc went away recently the weather changes etc it was hot and all that we have started experience new problems. i tought it was the hot weather causing it but no . even in cold suddenly he starts extremly panting and hes stomach gets red and extremly hot ! he starts itching around his private part and gets all red , at the same time his wehee goes out most of the time as well . so exessive panting plus redness and hotness on the stomach area and a feeling of being disturbed. i have took him to vet they gave him some antibiotic but it didnt help for that purpose , i try some allergy medicine it didnt help. i am keeping the places we stay very cool and he is neutred he also got a surgry for soft pallet and nostrils ... i really dont know what is going on he can not sleep properly at nights and it usually becomes very bad at nights / anyone ever experienced this kinda problem ?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very sorry hearing this and will immediately pray over him
and the reason is found & solved. sending you hugs of comfort
& strength...hoping members here will have ideas to help you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hello , sorry for being away such a long time , this is an emergency , my dog cappuccino had really hard times when he was pup and he got better and better by time. hes been doing good with his raw food all the vomiting etc went away recently the weather changes etc it was hot and all that we have started experience new problems. i tought it was the hot weather causing it but no . even in cold suddenly he starts extremly panting and hes stomach gets red and extremly hot ! he starts itching around his private part and gets all red , at the same time his wehee goes out most of the time as well . so exessive panting plus redness and hotness on the stomach area and a feeling of being disturbed. i have took him to vet they gave him some antibiotic but it didnt help for that purpose , i try some allergy medicine it didnt help. i am keeping the places we stay very cool and he is neutred he also got a surgry for soft pallet and nostrils ... i really dont know what is going on he can not sleep properly at nights and it usually becomes very bad at nights / anyone ever experienced this kinda problem ?

What was the dx to give him the antibiotics for?

How long ago was his surgery?

Any new bedding he lays on, new detergent used to clean bedding or floors?

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
any anxiety issues going on? defintely see where's he's been laying. New Detergents, anything he can come incontact with, Both my boys, when excited, the Red Rocket comes out, just meeting someone new..... More worried about where he's been laying, on what, surface, and if it could be anxiety issues.

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry, I have no experience with these symptoms, and have no idea what could be causing those symptoms, but i do agree with above members, that it could be allergy related , but hopefully someone comes along that may be able to give you some advice. I just wanted to send you love, hugs and prayers that you find the cause and that Cappuccino feels better soon. Please keep us posted.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh geez, not sure what's going on with Cappu either...but curious to know what the antibiotic was for too? did the vet think he had an infection w/his privates? Did the vet check his heart and lungs? Is he eating, drinking, peeing, pooping okay? do these symptoms only happen at night or during the day time too? Hopefully other members with more knowledge will be on board soon to give their feedback. Hang in there...i know how stressful these things are.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I am hoping as well that its simply a contact allergic reaction. As others have stated perhaps his bedding and a different detergent. Or your floors, have you mopped them with something different or the carpets such as adding a freshener to be vacuumed up or shampooing the carpets and maybe something in the cleansing agents?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like anxiety of some sort but I cannot be sure, I sure hope you find answers though.

I just thought of something actually. I tried an herbal supplement with Molly several months ago and while she was on it, she wanted to hump everything and would not settle down. Constantly running around, panting, and humping. She even destroyed her bed and a spiderman toy trying to hump them. This was extremely out of her character. Because her days usually constist of sleeping, laying around and chilling..... so I stopped the supplement and then after a few days she was back to her normal self again.

So my thoughts are has ANYTHING changed recently? Any stress in the home? Any new toys, treats, supplements?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I am curious too, any thing change recently? It seems like an allergic reaction, but not certain.

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Ty for the interest ... The antibiotics was i believe for a possible infection on the private part ...
, ive finished the pills but not much change , ive been gettb humongous bills from vets for awile and in tryn to find the issue by myself ... I am keeping myself very busy with making them happy. Taking them everywhere , buyin toys showing love ... I mean anxiety shouldnt be a reason . Only thing is we hae adopted a new english bulldog 1,5 month and a half ago shes a seeetheart and cappuccino was a little jealous ... He goes and steal her toys , sleep on her bed etc ...
I was very worried cause the panting was extreme and the heartbeat is going extreme ... It usually happens during night ... The stomach looks bigger than usual (kinda swollen ) but the red thngs goes and comes back ... I assume when he lies on carpets it gets worse ... But would that cause the panting?
It is so hard to deal with somethng you dont know ...
He had red things between is toes but the reason was salmon oil so i quit it and it kinda got better .

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I would see the vet if your baby have swollen bloated stomach - im not saying it a bloat -it could be anything but when their belies are swollen i wouldn't risk it
Maybe try to telephone your vet and explain what is wrong with your baby ,im sure your vet will be able to advise you if appointment is needed
This are some signs to look for in bloat
The classic signs of bloat are restlessness and pacing, salivation, retching, unproductive attempts to vomit, and enlargement of the abdomen. The dog may whine or groan when you press on his belly. Thumping the abdomen produces a hollow sound.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would see the vet if your baby have swollen bloated stomach - im not saying it a bloat -it could be anything but when their belies are swollen i wouldn't risk it
Maybe try to telephone your vet and explain what is wrong with your baby ,im sure your vet will be able to advise you if appointment is needed
This are some signs to look for in bloat
The classic signs of bloat are restlessness and pacing, salivation, retching, unproductive attempts to vomit, and enlargement of the abdomen. The dog may whine or groan when you press on his belly. Thumping the abdomen produces a hollow sound.

Good thinking!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ty for the interest ... The antibiotics was i believe for a possible infection on the private part ...
, ive finished the pills but not much change , ive been gettb humongous bills from vets for awile and in tryn to find the issue by myself ... I am keeping myself very busy with making them happy. Taking them everywhere , buyin toys showing love ... I mean anxiety shouldnt be a reason . Only thing is we hae adopted a new english bulldog 1,5 month and a half ago shes a seeetheart and cappuccino was a little jealous ... He goes and steal her toys , sleep on her bed etc ...
I was very worried cause the panting was extreme and the heartbeat is going extreme ... It usually happens during night ... The stomach looks bigger than usual (kinda swollen ) but the red thngs goes and comes back ... I assume when he lies on carpets it gets worse ... But would that cause the panting?
It is so hard to deal with somethng you dont know ...
He had red things between is toes but the reason was salmon oil so i quit it and it kinda got better .

has the vet checked his heart? EKG or ultrasound?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.