Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hydrocephalus

I read this once but had to step away because the anger built up inside needed a good punching bag. So a pillow worked for now but as I type my frustration grows again......

I am sooooo very sorry- so so so sorry you have been a victim to another awful person/breeder/scumbag!

I cannot believe these people will purposefully do this to another human being, play on their love for animals, and then crush their hearts out of their chest with worry and heartache! What kind of human being would do this? It just kills me and I feel like screaming right now because I can only imagine the heartbreak you are feeling!!!!

Sorry I am getting a little overwhelmed here, but you are the third person I know of this week who feel victim to bad breeding practices, and are dealing with health issues because of it. So for that, I am truly so very sorry for your heartache.

I do hope you can get the help he needs, and I would certainly seek out the opinions of a good bully vet for sure.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Oh I am so sorry that this happened to you. I'm sending hugs and prayers that this is something that you baby can get through with your help. Of course you love your baby...and he clearly loves you! I like to think that even though you were scammed, you and your husband "rescued" Roscoe from horrible people so you could give him love and help.

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

It is so disgusting what Roscoes owners did, they knowingly sold him knowing his condition, and didn't disclose it. Im sorry you and Roscoe are having to go theough this. Not only did they not help him themselves, and take him to the vet and get him the medical treatment he needed, they also didn't disclose his condition to you, so you didn't know, and so weren't able to make the informed decision of either not buying him before you bonded with him, but he also needlessly suffered longer because you didn't know. These people blocked your phone number, but did they also move? I would try and find these people if for no other reason to let them know what scumbags they are, and to also ask for either part of your money back for your pup, to help offset the costs of his vet bills, or ask them to contribute money towards his vet bills, especially since they already knew he had the hydrocephalus before they sold him. Thank goodness he is with you, as he will be well loved, and will get the proper treatment and care. People like his owners don't deserve to own an animal, they are only in it for the money and profit of selling the pups, and have no heart or compassion for the health and life of the pups. I have two EB siblings, they are litter mates, a male named Bulldozer, and a female named Blossom, they are now 19 months old, and both of them at 5 months of age developed a genetic defect, Blossom developed cherry eye in both eyes, which is a common occurrence with this breed and other Breaphealic breeds of dogs, so I wasn't too surprised or upset about, we had both eyes repaired at the same time as we spayed her at the age of 7 months. Her brother developed a severe underbite at 5 months of age, he didn't have it when we bought him, but after a growth spurt, his lower jaw grew much longer than normal, and as a result his upper and lower teeth don't meet, and this causes his tongue to hang out most of the time, and he's also congenially missing some lower molars on the lower jaw. This doesn't cause him any pain, but because of this, he eats much slower than his sister, I add warm water to his kibble, to make it softer for him to eat it, plus we make sure he always has water as his tongue does get dry sometimes. My vet says it is a severe underbite, and is considered a genetic defect. I could have taken him back and gotten another puppy, or my money back, but I didn't want, that was never an option for me, as I had picked him, and I already had bonded with him, he was my baby. These sweet dogs really have such personalities and character and they really have a way of wrapping around our hearts. He is a total sweetheart, very gentle, and a big cuddle muffin, I wouldn't trade him or his sister for anything, plus I think it gives him more character with his tongue hanging out, and I say God made him like that. I love him just the way he is. I did however call the breeder to let them know that both pups did have these genetic defects, just to let him know, as he shouldn't be using their parents for breeding due to these traits. I hope Roscoe outgrows this, or that the vet can treat him and he gets better soon. Sending hugs, love and prayers to you and Roscoe. Feel better Buddy, and Thank goodness he's in your hands. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads