cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yesterday Finn started bleeding from his penis. He had a prolapsed urethra when he was around 6 months old which caused blood to drip out of the penis so I'm pretty positive this is the same issue. Fortunately, back then, he got neutered and the problem resolved itself. So now, I'm wondering if this occurrence will also be self-resolving or not. Does anyone know or have thoughts about that? He bled a lot yesterday, all over the kitchen floor. But today there's just a few drops here and there.

Also, he's got this problem with his tail--looks like a big, reddish pimple and it's a little oozy. He had one adjacent to it which was bleeding a little. I put antibiotic ointment and cleaned it daily and that one has dried up.

IMG_4979.jpg
I'm wondering if he may need oral antibiotics.

Seems like Finn's been having one thing after another going on in the last couple months. I feel bad for him and just want him to be 100 percent again. Luckily I'm still on vacation and will be able to take him to the vet's tomorrow. I'm kinda feeling stressed out myself right now.:*(

Here's a pic of him getting his belly rub from momma:
Photo on 9-15-13 at 10.03 AM #3.jpg

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yesterday Finn started bleeding from his penis. He had a prolapsed urethra when he was around 6 months old which caused blood to drip out of the penis so I'm pretty positive this is the same issue. Fortunately, back then, he got neutered and the problem resolved itself. So now, I'm wondering if this occurrence will also be self-resolving or not. Does anyone know or have thoughts about that? He bled a lot yesterday, all over the kitchen floor. But today there's just a few drops here and there.

Also, he's got this problem with his tail--looks like a big, reddish pimple and it's a little oozy. He had one adjacent to it which was bleeding a little. I put antibiotic ointment and cleaned it daily and that one has dried up.

View attachment 55681
I'm wondering if he may need oral antibiotics.

Seems like Finn's been having one thing after another going on in the last couple months. I feel bad for him and just want him to be 100 percent again. Luckily I'm still on vacation and will be able to take him to the vet's tomorrow. I'm kinda feeling stressed out myself right now.:*(

Here's a pic of him getting his belly rub from momma:
View attachment 55682

Oh no!! Poor Finn!! I have no answers just here to show support. I am pretty sure someone will be by to help. Give him smooshy faced kisses for me.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww poor baby xx im sorry im no help here neither ,but just wanted to say hope he feels better soon x

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I haven't had a male bully, But had a cat with urinary caculi, that had blood in urine-but since he's had the prolapse, it may be a reoccurance.It is hard to tell by the photo, but has he had his anal glands expressed? Possibly impacted anal glands? A trip to the vet is certainly warranted, and if your like me-S&@T ALWAYS happens on SUNDAY!!!!
Hoping for you, and Finn that all will be well:pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO Henny!!! I so agree w/@Manydogs... why does this always happen on a Sunday?!! Must be Murphy's Law... LOL First of all please don't stress, I'm sure that the vet will have Finn fixed in no time tomorrow... I have no advice to add, I haven't had Winston neutered yet so God help me when it's time. Sending you a big hug, and please keep us posted!!! :hug2:

L

Lucy-licious

Oh poor Finn :hug: praying its nothing serious and fir a quick recovery xx

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys :)
I know, it seems to be ALWAYS on a Sunday! but i don't go into work til Thursday luckily, so i have time to tend to him which i'm so thankful for! Last time something happened it was the last day of my vacation...it's either one of the bully's or the plumbing that needs attention! I'll try to not stress. I tend to go into "panic" mode when these things happen.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks guys :)
I know, it seems to be ALWAYS on a Sunday! but i don't go into work til Thursday luckily, so i have time to tend to him which i'm so thankful for! Last time something happened it was the last day of my vacation...it's either one of the bully's or the plumbing that needs attention! I'll try to not stress. I tend to go into "panic" mode when these things happen.
Well if it will make you feel any better I just got a $500 water bill from my yard meter... a leak in the sprinkler system!!! I'm w/you... it's either the dogs or the HOUSE!!! LOL :ROFL:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Of no poor Finn :(. I've never had a prolapse but it sounds like it. Hopefully it's just an infection. Hoping for good news tomorrow :pray:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm no help but to offer my prayers and a big hug for you and muzzies for the fur baby!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww Henny! That sucks Donkey Balls! I remember reading to keep them as quiet as possible until its treated..somewhere here. Just not to aggravate it anymore. I'm so sorry. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Finny tomorrow the vet will look at both things and fix him up. Me thinks he should go to Petsmart and get a new toy! :D:D:D

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwww Henny! That sucks Donkey Balls! I remember reading to keep them as quiet as possible until its treated..somewhere here. Just not to aggravate it anymore. I'm so sorry. :(

that's good to know, Becky. I was actually wondering about that. He's been running around playing all day and i was wondering if i should give him a benadryl to quiet him down or not. Or maybe just let him relax on his own...he's tired out right now and just chilling/napping. Don't like giving him meds unless it's really necessary.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
that's good to know, Becky. I was actually wondering about that. He's been running around playing all day and i was wondering if i should give him a benadryl to quiet him down or not. Or maybe just let him relax on his own...he's tired out right now and just chilling/napping. Don't like giving him meds unless it's really necessary.

I hear you about the meds..but I would make him errrr try to make him be as calm as he can. I'm so glad he cn go to the vet tomorrow..I hope it's nothing big and just something to worry us!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
henny I am so sorry Finn is having some health issues and pray all heals for him and a big hug to you both

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.