Help! Bloody foot!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm thinking that I read on here to soak the paw in Epsom salt & that helps to heal them! Good luck...

Yes, let her walk around in a warm epsom salts bath. You can also try panalog or animax ointment until it heals to keep the scab from cracking/bleeding. Don't squeeze or pop the cyst, or you can make it go deeper and cause infection. Keep her from licking it, if you can, I used to put a sock on my bully's foot...

See I have the opposite problem if I don't squeeze Porkys to get the serosanguinous fluid out it builds up n causes her a lot of pain n then seems to get infected, but if I milk it until its bright red blood coming out it seems to heal in a day or two n she's fine.

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Zeus had that. Higher on the foot though. It started off really small and he kept licking it and itching it which caused the bleeding and it getting bigger. I bought him the hydrocortisone cream from petsmart.. It dried up and was gone right away. He hasn't gotten it again. And that was the first time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agyve8a5.jpg
I cleaned it with peroxide and wrapped it up real ghetto like! Luckily she doesn't care at all and would rather sleep than mess with it. Thanks for all the advice! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

Gang has you coved with all the info.... Allergies tend to be the cause

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi there. Yes that's an Interdigital Cyst. I recently experience by first one with Sally, my rescue girl. Here's is all healed up now but it will take work on your part. Rest assured though the work it only minutes and nothing too drastic. Here is the link to the thread I started that has quite a bit of good information and pictures of Sally's. Epsom Salt will definatley help (I just put Sally in the tub and did a cup of salt to 1/2 gal or so of warm water (I put that in a bowl) and let her foot soak for about 5 mintues and then rinse her off. Go get some chlorhexidine (Hibiclens) at Walgreens or Walmart. It's what really helped.

Here' the thread: Interdigital cyst - Sally
Jeannie I meant to tag you, but my daughter was having a sleepover... Can you say madness?!! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

agyve8a5.jpg
I cleaned it with peroxide and wrapped it up real ghetto like! Luckily she doesn't care at all and would rather sleep than mess with it. Thanks for all the advice! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.
Aww what a sweet baby!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, but it looks like the gang took care of you!!! Hope she feels better today :D

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
agyve8a5.jpg

This is so cute!! I hope Maggie feels a lot better real soon. You're a good mom:yes:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Before we got Pan's allergies under control he got inter digital cysts. Now we have him on a strict diet and as part of his cleaning ritual we clean his paws with gold listerine. The antiseptic cleans out anything that may be trying to grow in there and the alcohol in it dries quickly to keep the moisture out of it. Trick is to keep it as dry as possible. Pan hates standing in water to the Epsom soak didn't work for us. Hope you baby feels better soon!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
agyve8a5.jpg

Alyssa, if she's not chewing at it, there's no need to wrap it up and it's better if left unwrapped so it can air out. I don't think it will slow the healing up but you'll need to clean this twice a day if possible and until it's completely healed up. I quite cleaning Sally's too soon and it flared back up. The hole may get a bit bigger but it will slowly close up. It took Sally about about 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

She's looks so so sweet there too. :love:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jeannie I meant to tag you, but my daughter was having a sleepover... Can you say madness?!!
Yep I can say MADNESS :happy2: I do that often, well I'll read posts on my phone at work but I can respond so I mean to later and then I forgot. Whoopsie. :D

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Alyssa, if she's not chewing at it, there's no need to wrap it up and it's better if left unwrapped so it can air out. I don't think it will slow the healing up but you'll need to clean this twice a day if possible and until it's completely healed up. I quite cleaning Sally's too soon and it flared back up. The hole may get a bit bigger but it will slowly close up. It took Sally about about 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

She's looks so so sweet there too. :love:

She likes to lick her feet when she's going to sleep. It's like a toddler sucking their thumb. Adorable. So while I'm gone or asleep I'm gonna wrap it up.

Erinbarin

May 3, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
Before we got Pan's allergies under control he got inter digital cysts. Now we have him on a strict diet and as part of his cleaning ritual we clean his paws with gold listerine. The antiseptic cleans out anything that may be trying to grow in there and the alcohol in it dries quickly to keep the moisture out of it. Trick is to keep it as dry as possible. Pan hates standing in water to the Epsom soak didn't work for us. Hope you baby feels better soon!

Try throwing their favorite ball in with them. It's the only way mine will get into the tub willingly.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.