Help! Bloody foot!

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Over the weekend Maggie came with my boyfriend and me to visit his parents. When we were leaving this morning I noticed in between her toes was red and swollen. This has happened before whenever she has a random allergy to something she ate so I figured maybe she ate something at his parents house and didn't pay much attention. We got home today and i had errands to run so I left her at home. I came back to that spot bleeding all over her foot! I'm horrified. I have no clue what's wrong. She doesn't seem to be hurting. She's not favoring it and she's trying to play. I cleaned up the blood and cleaned the wound but I have no clue what this could be from.
pu2yve7u.jpg

There seems to be a hole in the bump where it's bleeding.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Inter digital cyst. Loki had one right now too. My vet said allergies and moisture will cause them neopsoprin keeping clean and dry is what she recommended

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Are they pretty safe? Could she get further infection from it?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm thinking that I read on here to soak the paw in Epsom salt & that helps to heal them! Good luck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
My Bentley had one of those. I found on her to soak it epsom salt and keep it dry. I did struggle to keep his foot in the epsom salt and water for 5-10 minutes but we made it work. I dried it and then put an ointment on it the vet gave me. It cleared up in no time. Good Luck

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I'm thinking that I read on here to soak the paw in Epsom salt & that helps to heal them! Good luck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you think I could use plain salt water? I don't have epsom salt and everything is closed here. I have plenty of salt and kosher salt though

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can clean it Hydrogen Peroxide too and put Neosporin on it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there. Yes that's an Interdigital Cyst. I recently experience by first one with Sally, my rescue girl. Here's is all healed up now but it will take work on your part. Rest assured though the work it only minutes and nothing too drastic. Here is the link to the thread I started that has quite a bit of good information and pictures of Sally's. Epsom Salt will definatley help (I just put Sally in the tub and did a cup of salt to 1/2 gal or so of warm water (I put that in a bowl) and let her foot soak for about 5 mintues and then rinse her off. Go get some chlorhexidine (Hibiclens) at Walgreens or Walmart. It's what really helped.

Here' the thread: Interdigital cyst - Sally

Erinbarin

May 3, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1

Yes, let her walk around in a warm epsom salts bath. You can also try panalog or animax ointment until it heals to keep the scab from cracking/bleeding. Don't squeeze or pop the cyst, or you can make it go deeper and cause infection. Keep her from licking it, if you can, I used to put a sock on my bully's foot...

Erinbarin

May 3, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
Don't use regular salt! If it's open, it will burn like the dickens! You can use peroxide tonight, and dry it. Neosporin makes my bullies lick the area, so I would just use peroxide tonight, and dry it really well...

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
agyve8a5.jpg
I cleaned it with peroxide and wrapped it up real ghetto like! Luckily she doesn't care at all and would rather sleep than mess with it. Thanks for all the advice! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Ill prolly get flack n told noooooo for saying this lol but when Porkys rupture like that I milk it until it bleeds pure bright red blood, I do that every time I clean it with peroxide (4 times a day) n within 2 days usually its gone n she just has a tiny scab at the opening!! If I don't milk it prior to cleaning it (n by milking I mean just gently squeezing it like a zit) I've found they heal get filled with puss n end up a lot bigger than they were n they seem to actually hurt her a lot when they fill with puss :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online