Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Bloody foot!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Bloody foot!

Don't use regular salt! If it's open, it will burn like the dickens! You can use peroxide tonight, and dry it. Neosporin makes my bullies lick the area, so I would just use peroxide tonight, and dry it really well...

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

I cleaned it with peroxide and wrapped it up real ghetto like! Luckily she doesn't care at all and would rather sleep than mess with it. Thanks for all the advice! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Ill prolly get flack n told noooooo for saying this lol but when Porkys rupture like that I milk it until it bleeds pure bright red blood, I do that every time I clean it with peroxide (4 times a day) n within 2 days usually its gone n she just has a tiny scab at the opening!! If I don't milk it prior to cleaning it (n by milking I mean just gently squeezing it like a zit) I've found they heal get filled with puss n end up a lot bigger than they were n they seem to actually hurt her a lot when they fill with puss
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Erinbarin;401594]
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm thinking that I read on here to soak the paw in Epsom salt & that helps to heal them! Good luck...

Yes, let her walk around in a warm epsom salts bath. You can also try panalog or animax ointment until it heals to keep the scab from cracking/bleeding. Don't squeeze or pop the cyst, or you can make it go deeper and cause infection. Keep her from licking it, if you can, I used to put a sock on my bully's foot...
    See I have the opposite problem if I don't squeeze Porkys to get the serosanguinous fluid out it builds up n causes her a lot of pain n then seems to get infected, but if I milk it until its bright red blood coming out it seems to heal in a day or two n she's fine.
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Zeus had that. Higher on the foot though. It started off really small and he kept licking it and itching it which caused the bleeding and it getting bigger. I bought him the hydrocortisone cream from petsmart.. It dried up and was gone right away. He hasn't gotten it again. And that was the first time.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alyssahope View Post
    I cleaned it with peroxide and wrapped it up real ghetto like! Luckily she doesn't care at all and would rather sleep than mess with it. Thanks for all the advice! I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

Gang has you coved with all the info.... Allergies tend to be the cause
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Hi there. Yes that's an Interdigital Cyst. I recently experience by first one with Sally, my rescue girl. Here's is all healed up now but it will take work on your part. Rest assured though the work it only minutes and nothing too drastic. Here is the link to the thread I started that has quite a bit of good information and pictures of Sally's. Epsom Salt will definatley help (I just put Sally in the tub and did a cup of salt to 1/2 gal or so of warm water (I put that in a bowl) and let her foot soak for about 5 mintues and then rinse her off. Go get some chlorhexidine (Hibiclens) at Walgreens or Walmart. It's what really helped.

Here' the thread: Interdigital cyst - Sally
    Jeannie I meant to tag you, but my daughter was having a sleepover... Can you say madness?!! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Aww what a sweet baby!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, but it looks like the gang took care of you!!! Hope she feels better today
    Last edited by ddnene; 09-15-2013 at 11:07 AM.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This is so cute!! I hope Maggie feels a lot better real soon. You're a good mom

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)

Before we got Pan's allergies under control he got inter digital cysts. Now we have him on a strict diet and as part of his cleaning ritual we clean his paws with gold listerine. The antiseptic cleans out anything that may be trying to grow in there and the alcohol in it dries quickly to keep the moisture out of it. Trick is to keep it as dry as possible. Pan hates standing in water to the Epsom soak didn't work for us. Hope you baby feels better soon!
    If you canít adopt Ė foster.
    If you canít foster Ė sponsor.
    If you canít sponsor Ė volunteer.
    If you canít volunteer Ė donate.
    If you canít donate Ė educate, network, and crosspost.
    EVERYONE can do something large or small, to help save a life.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Alyssa, if she's not chewing at it, there's no need to wrap it up and it's better if left unwrapped so it can air out. I don't think it will slow the healing up but you'll need to clean this twice a day if possible and until it's completely healed up. I quite cleaning Sally's too soon and it flared back up. The hole may get a bit bigger but it will slowly close up. It took Sally about about 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

She's looks so so sweet there too.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Jeannie I meant to tag you, but my daughter was having a sleepover... Can you say madness?!!
    Yep I can say MADNESS I do that often, well I'll read posts on my phone at work but I can respond so I mean to later and then I forgot. Whoopsie.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Alyssa, if she's not chewing at it, there's no need to wrap it up and it's better if left unwrapped so it can air out. I don't think it will slow the healing up but you'll need to clean this twice a day if possible and until it's completely healed up. I quite cleaning Sally's too soon and it flared back up. The hole may get a bit bigger but it will slowly close up. It took Sally about about 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

She's looks so so sweet there too.
    She likes to lick her feet when she's going to sleep. It's like a toddler sucking their thumb. Adorable. So while I'm gone or asleep I'm gonna wrap it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads