AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Thank you everyone for all of the help. I know I cannot feed a raw diet exclusively. I just don't have the time to do that right now. I can do that and/or try the pumpkin until she's solid, but after that if cutting down feeding (which I don't think is the primary issue here, but that doesn't mean I am right) doesn't work, what is my next step? Is there another Fromm's that I should try that may be better for her? Or a different brand perhaps?

ETA: Ashleym... we divide her feedings in three 4 days a week, but on the three days a week that I am away for the better part of the day, we feed a slightly larger portion twice a day. Not sure if that is an issue or not.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The Fromm you have started is an All Stage Food. Perfectly fine for ALL life stages. Jake was never on puppy food..my vet is against the high fat and too fast growth for the Bully's hips and joints. Jake started it at 11 weeks. I agree you probably just went too fast and too much also will cause the mushy poo! We are battling this right now in my daughters Shepherd pup! Who knew they are infamous for digestive problems! We put him on the bland diet for a week..settled his system and now are slowly introducing a new kibble. So far so good..just take your time..but rest assured the Fromm is just fine for your pup..

increasing her food amounts even slightly can most definitely affect the consistency of her poo. Keep it the same amounts..any increase should also be done slowly. We fed 1/2 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day until 6 months..then slowly went to 1 cup am and 1 cup PM..cutting out mid day meal.

Last edited:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber and Ruby get feed once in the morning and once at night. Each gets about 1 cup of food for a total of 2 cups a day. Ruby had loose stools a couple of times early on and I backed off her food, put some pumkin in it and kept her to no more than two cups a day. She is growing like a weed and possible will be bigger than Amber when it is all said and done. Good luck.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thank you everyone for all of the help. I know I cannot feed a raw diet exclusively. I just don't have the time to do that right now. I can do that and/or try the pumpkin until she's solid, but after that if cutting down feeding (which I don't think is the primary issue here, but that doesn't mean I am right) doesn't work, what is my next step? Is there another Fromm's that I should try that may be better for her? Or a different brand perhaps?

ETA: Ashleym... we divide her feedings in three 4 days a week, but on the three days a week that I am away for the better part of the day, we feed a slightly larger portion twice a day. Not sure if that is an issue or not.

My best suggestion is stay on Fromm for at least a month its not good to switch food too many times in a short period of time. Give her the pumpkin in her kibbles or bland food until her poop is solid. Feeding a little bit more in 2 feeding I dont think is the problem because her poop is soft even when you give her 3 servings.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My best suggestion is stay on Fromm for at least a month its not good to switch food too many times in a short period of time. Give her the pumpkin in her kibbles or bland food until her poop is solid. Feeding a little bit more in 2 feeding I dont think is the problem because her poop is soft even when you give her 3 servings.

Actually..we just found out the hard way...just an increase in ONE meal..can and DID cause Diaherria in my daughters DOGS poo.. We cut back to lesser amount and he was fine the next feeding. And we have tried repeatedly to increase Jake by a 1/4 cup and he immediately had soft poo.

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Actually..we just found out the hard way...just an increase in ONE meal..can and DID cause Diaherria in my daughters poo.. We cut back to lesser amount and he was fine the next feeding. And we have tried repeatedly to increase Jake by a 1/4 cup and he immediately had soft poo.

In your daughters poo!! The hell??? She should only have only breakfast and dinner then!

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
I am not sure if this will help relieve some of your worries. When my EB was that age, I thought I was doing something wrong and not sure why he didn't have solid poops all the time. I went to the vet and her answer was He's Still A Puppy! He's body is going thru changes. So from that day on, I felt more confidence that he would be okay. It's normal.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Do you feed Baxter Tiberius whole food 24/7? I'm not sure that is something I can do right now, but it's worth looking at for sure. (cost and time wise)
Understandable believe me. For now yes I just went and bought a bunch of meats and leafy veggies. I chop it all up and toss it into his bowl. Doesn't take much time but its not cheap. I was cooking it all before, and that was a crazy time investment. And not necessary I learned. Currently looking for good sources of meats that are not hormone meats which are cheap. Not sure ill be able to find any. They can be expensive. Today I just got a bunch of ground turkey, some veal cubes, some chicken breast, and filled a big box with leafy veggies and broccoli and carrots. At Whole Foods. Brought that home, chopped it up and put it in his bowl. Still have about 10 or 20 meals like that left. Honestly seems the best possible solution. Next I'll be conquering the bone issue. They need bones apparently. But listen to everyone here - I am still new to all of this and am no expert by any means. I just know this is the safest route to go for health/digestion. But im a weirdo and only eat organic myself.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.