Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:stupid:Hi everyone, since Dozer had his incident with vomiting up phlegm and yogurt yesterday, and him choking a little, I've been thinking about it, and I think it was my fault that this happened, because this has never happened to him before. I did something different yesterday when I fed him, we usually take the two of them out at 6:00 am, and then we feed them at 6:30, but yesterday I slept in until 6:30, so I fed them first, and then took them out right away after they ate. They aren't used to doing this, as they usually go and lay down after eating to rest their tummies, and then we go out for another potty break at around 10:00 am. I think the walk and exercise right after eating was too much for Dozer, and he threw up his breakfast. He's much more sensitive than Blossom, and he doesn't have as much energy as her, he doesn't like to walk most of the time, and she will walk everywhere , and will walk for hours if I would let her. In the evening we do the same thing, they eat their dinner around 6:00 pm, and then they rest, and around 7:00 pm, we go for a walk around the block. I think he needs that rest after he eats to digest his food, and then go for a walk, or he has to have his potty breaks before he eats.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think you are on to something, that sounds very logical.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
aren't these bullies funny....they are so food sensitive. We found Sheldon does like all apples as long as we peel them. He doesn't like the texture of the apple peel or something, but he won't eat a piece of apple unless its peeled. Happy that you figured out what happened!!! They worry us so when they aren't well. I think we go over every little step to figure out what could be the problem!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That sounds like a great logical explanation. Good job mommy for figuring it out!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, I still feel bad that he got sick, but it's a lesson learned.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys, I still feel bad that he got sick, but it's a lesson learned.

And, this is why we are all here -- live and learn and share that experience! Thank, Monica

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Monica we all make mistakes and learn by our mistakes so don't feel bad :hug:

Khloes mama

Aug 2, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khloe
This happened to my Khloe today! She ate and I took her for a walk shortly after and she threw up when we got home! Never doing that again! She is feeling better now but I feel bad also! My poor sweet girl! Glad I was able to find this thread!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Im Glad that I shared it then as well, I learned my lesson, and helped someone at the same time. Glad this helped you, and I'm glad Khloe is okay.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I bet you won't try that again!:whistle: No more sleeping in mom!! Zzzz

But glad to see Dozer is better today! :yes:

Most Reactions