Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: head shakes this morning. so scary to see for first time

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Coyle View Post
    Attachment 55265this is my beautiful boy....Love him so much !!!!!
    Of course you do and it's so scary! Dudley has not had them -- he's 2 -- but many people here have talked about them and I'm sure can give you some good advice. Food -- actually -- chewing, seems to help. Poor lil guy...give him hugs from me and Dudley!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pudge RIP, and Maggie
    Likes (Received)

Maggie is 2 and she started with the head tremors last week.. scared me to death... The good people on this site have really helped me to help her. Maggie's tremors last anywhere from a few seconds to 15 minutes or more.. I tried giving her treats (both sweet and crunchy) and it didn't help. She would eat it with about a second or two of a pause in shaking, then it would start right back up again. What has helped her is to spread out her food throughout the day and suppliment it with an egg, honey, yogurt, oranges and bannanas. She also gets a glob of peanut butter before bed. I think this has helped to maintain an even glucose level and metabolism rate through the entire day. Since making the changes, her tremors are less frequent and only last a few seconds. MUCH better.

Also, while continuing to research head tremors in dogs, I stumbled across an interesting side-note about how benedryl may be considered as a cause by one doctor. (of course there are many theories out there, all with valid merits).. It is the only reference to benedryl I have been able to find so far, but I am still researching.
    Anyway, at the time Maggie's tremors began I was giving her benedryl at night before bed. It was not the first time for her to get benedryl. I gave it to her regularly while she went through a battle with hot spots. But this was just once at night time for seasonal allergies. Well, the last 4-5 days, the allergens aren't bothering the dogs so much so they only get their peanut butter glob with no benedryl. Except for last night. Rain has stirred up the air and all day yesterday Maggie and Christal had runny goopy eyes so I gave them both benedryl before bed. During the night, Maggie had about an episode of head tremors that lasted about 12 minutes. (her first long one in several days) That gets me really wondering. I am going to keep up the research (there is a really great article on this site btw). And I am even considering doing my own study.. just putting things all together..

I don't know if any of that helps, but good luck with your baby. He is adorable.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Let me give everyone our story behind Dana. Dana was given to my husband as a surprise. 3 years ago we lost our bulldog Roz to cancer..was awful..saddest day of our lives. In January 2012 my husband Bill was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma and after 8 rounds of chemo and a stem cell transplant in July my family wanted to surprise him with a bully for such an amazing job he did for kicking cancers butt. During his recovery at home he stressed how much he missed Roz and cancer had taken her but not him. Almost a year to the day of given the news we brought Dana home. My daughter came up with his name Dana..given to him in honor of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute where bill rec. treatment and they saved his life. : ) why this little guy is extra special to us
    Oh my goodness... I'm so sorry to hear about your bully Roz. Your husband's story brings out the tears, my Dad battled cancer for years. I'm so glad that Dana has entered your home & brought so much happiness to your family. I have NO experience with tremors, but you are in good hands here... Sending prayers your way & keep us posted!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

That is a touching story..Best of luck you and your family! Dana is beautiful.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

I don't have much to add you have gotten dome great advice. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dana
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone know if it is ok to give reg. yogurt and cottage cheese and not organic. I couldn t find it and someone had told me to give organic... also organic Peanut butter

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone know if it is ok to give reg. yogurt and cottage cheese and not organic. I couldn t find it and someone had told me to give organic... also organic Peanut butter
    Sure is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Give away She is going to LOVE it!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dana
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone again. thought we were doing really good with no tremors since the first day I seen them 3 or 4 times that day. We went about 2 days with nothing and then this weekend we seen them Fri Sat and Sunday. So disappointing. I thought my food supplements with yogurt p butter and cheese were helping. But I can say he had so many of them this weekend...It broke my heart. I am now considering the dog food he is on Taste of the Wild Fowl wondering if I should change that. It is so confusing to try and figure out what is causing it. But I do know it only seems to happen when he is laying down resting or even napping. And once you get him up and on his feet he is out of it totally. I feel so bad because his little face is saying...MOm come on I was sleeping... I have now added cottage cheese to his diet someone also recommended milk. so many suggestions and I have no idea what to do.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone again. thought we were doing really good with no tremors since the first day I seen them 3 or 4 times that day. We went about 2 days with nothing and then this weekend we seen them Fri Sat and Sunday. So disappointing. I thought my food supplements with yogurt p butter and cheese were helping. But I can say he had so many of them this weekend...It broke my heart. I am now considering the dog food he is on Taste of the Wild Fowl wondering if I should change that. It is so confusing to try and figure out what is causing it. But I do know it only seems to happen when he is laying down resting or even napping. And once you get him up and on his feet he is out of it totally. I feel so bad because his little face is saying...MOm come on I was sleeping... I have now added cottage cheese to his diet someone also recommended milk. so many suggestions and I have no idea what to do.
    Not that this is helpful but I'm tearing up reading your heartbreak & worry.

He's your beloved...we so understand, Cindy...I am adding him to my prayers
    right now that the cause is found and he stops them.

I researched a herbal (centuries old) cure all and they said a watered down
    mix was effective for epilepsy, will go back and read more intensively about
    tremors too. Big hugs of comfort & support...we care!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Attachment 55265this is my beautiful boy....Love him so much !!!!!
    Now thats a beautiful Mug!!

Real Name
    Shannon
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leroy
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry to hear about your baby! Our Leroy experiemced head tremors for the first time over the summer, it was very scary! It happened twice in one night :-( This was just after his first birthday. Ever since then we give small snacks throughout the day between his feedings. hth. Your story was very touching, so sorry for your loss of Roz :-(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads