Why is my female peeing more often?

Boogs and Avi

Jul 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Booger and Avion
She's going out more often and she even had an accident on the couch today. She's a little over a year and spayed. She eats Science Diet Sensitive Stomach.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Maybe a UTI? Is the amount of the urine smaller than usual but very often? Im no expert but that would be my guess. Others will be by soon that can probably give some advice.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Def agree with UTI- when you go to the vet I suggest getting a full culture with sensitivity testing- it's a bit more costly that a simple urinalysis but it's worth it. I battled a UTI with duchess for 3 months from about 4-7 months old.

OP
Boogs and Avi

Boogs and Avi

Jul 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Booger and Avion
We just had an accident on the kitchen floor, and her urine is brown; so, I guess we're going to the vet tomorrow. :mellow:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:potty:I agree with everyone's opinions of it being a urinary tract infection. Signs of a bladder infection are frequent peeing, and peeing more often. I would definitely take her to the vet to find out, and get treatment if needed. If she does have a UTI, after it's cleared up, some things you can do to prevent more infections is to clean her area on a regular basis, especially if she crouches low to the ground when she pees, make sure she drinks sufficient amounts of water to flush out bacteria from the bladder, don't let her hold her urine for too long, more frequent pee breaks, and you can give her a cranberry pill everyday to prevent UTI's. We also add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to our guys drinking water everyday, it kills bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and also balances the Ph levels in the blood. Hope Avion is okay and feels better soon. Keep us posted on how she's doing. Sending love hugs and prayers your way.

OP
Boogs and Avi

Boogs and Avi

Jul 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Booger and Avion
Well, it's not a UTI. She has at least 10 good sized stones in her bladder. I about cried. We did the x-ray and the ultra sound and saw that the stones were a little too large to pass. We have surgery scheduled for Sept. 26, but she's on a prescription dog food, pain killers, and antibiotics until then; if that reduces the size of the stones enough for them to pass, we won't need surgery. The vet was very surprised to see stones in a dog her age (13 months), but we don't know what caused them. She's currently drugged up and the blood peeing has reduced. Poor baby. If the peeing doesn't get better this week, we'll be back at the vet before the 26th.

OP
Boogs and Avi

Boogs and Avi

Jul 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Booger and Avion
Update: We went in this morning for a check-up! Over the week she has passed about 25-30 stones of various sizes; we had them analyzed and they are Struvite, so I guess that means they're caused by infection. Something like that... Avi had a bladder tap this morning and we are waiting for results so we can get a more precise antibiotic treatment; we also have her on a prescription dog food. I feel awful for her, but she has never shown signs of being in pain or being uncomfortable, but that's just the Bully in her. She's a tough baby and it's looking like there's a good chance that we won't require surgery in a couple of weeks, but Dr. Grant doesn't want us to cancel the appointment just yet; we'll be getting an xray first.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Update: We went in this morning for a check-up! Over the week she has passed about 25-30 stones of various sizes; we had them analyzed and they are Struvite, so I guess that means they're caused by infection. Something like that... Avi had a bladder tap this morning and we are waiting for results so we can get a more precise antibiotic treatment; we also have her on a prescription dog food. I feel awful for her, but she has never shown signs of being in pain or being uncomfortable, but that's just the Bully in her. She's a tough baby and it's looking like there's a good chance that we won't require surgery in a couple of weeks, but Dr. Grant doesn't want us to cancel the appointment just yet; we'll be getting an xray first.
Oh my goodness... I'm so sorry for your poor baby :( How can they reduce the stones in a dog? Is it food related?

OP
Boogs and Avi

Boogs and Avi

Jul 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Booger and Avion
They don't know exactly what caused it; more than likely it's because she's a "low rider". She squats really low to pee, putting her lady bits on the ground, so now we baby wipe her after every pee. It seems to be good for now!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.