Depth Perception after seizures

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So Loki has his one month follow up blood panel test next week to make sure that the pheno is doing the right things which I feel it is but I have a weird question. We have notice that his depth perception is off he seems to run passed things then turn around and get them or if he is running towards us he goes passed us and turns around and comes back. We will throw a ball to him and it bounces off his face then he reacts to get it. Could this be his medicine or could he have suffered some damage from the fever and grand mal?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just want you to know I continue to pray for a full recovery for Loki. I think of him often.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie does this a lot of the time when chasing things. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with her seizures/meds. I always just chalk it up to her goofiness, not paying real attention and also running so fast she can't slow herself down quick enough. I'll be curious to see if there is a medical reason for this. Give Loki hugs from me!!!

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It just seems so weird to me if he is in a tighter spot he will hit his head or butt when he is trying to turn around when before he had no problems at all. He also seems to have a problem coming back up the stairs almost like they are closer together then they were before. I will give Loki lots of loves from you guys :)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
It just seems so weird to me if he is in a tighter spot he will hit his head or butt when he is trying to turn around when before he had no problems at all. He also seems to have a problem coming back up the stairs almost like they are closer together then they were before. I will give Loki lots of loves from you guys :)
I just realized that could be the phenol that is causing the clumsiness. When Ruthie first got on it, it caused a lot of stumbling, tripping over her own feet...etc. Until her body got used to it she always seemed "off"...but she's good now. It might just be a while for him to get the meds in his system. it does cause drowsiness and dizziness, so he may just not be used to it yet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it's just a Bully thing. Our french was on phenol 6 years straight and did it before he was on them. Buster does this and has never taken it.

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi ,My Rocky had been on the meds for a few weeks when I seen he has hitting things with his hips ,like the corner of the coffee table. Size weight ,and cause all take into account ,keep an eye on your bully sometimes they have to change the amount given , you know your baby best . Take care ,,Loki... It's a tuff road to travel ...hang in there .

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It does make me feel better to know that there is a good chance that it isn't "brain damage" for sure, just not used to his meds yet *come one Nicole it has only been 3 weeks* He does seem to be a lot more tired now but that seems to be getting better all the time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.