Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
There is substantial evidence that broccoli can fight cancers and reduce tumor size. Surprisingly, its one of the few "natural" things that have been extensively studied, and published in medical journals. I am not sure how this would translate for dogs, but if I were in your shoes, I would begin juicing broccoli heads (stems not necessary) for Baxter daily. It may give the pup some gas, and you can monitor for diarrhea, but there isn't much else out there as powerful against tumors, as broccoli. At least in the natural realm. Simply google broccoli tumors and you'll see the myriads of data supporting this. I know people give bullies broccoli on a regular basis anyways (despite the farts!), so I know its safe for them. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Wow...this is really interesting Kevin. I would give it a try...it cannot hurt! Prayers for your sweet Abby...please keep us updated.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
you and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers !

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for the news, I don't have any help in this area, but just wanted to let you know we will be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelhug:Hi, I am so sorry that you are going through this with Abby. My Jack Russell Oreo was 12 years old when she was diagnosed with cancer, and my vet gave us this advice. You can do all kinds of tests and treatments for cancer, but the outcome will be the same. Treatment can prolong their life, but can also cause many side effects. She told me dogs and people can live with cancer without treatment, it's a decision you have to make based on her health and how she feels, she told me it comes down to her quality of life, if she she isn't in any pain, and she's eating and drinking normal, then she could live a normal life and then when the time comes when she no longer is having a quality life, or is suffering then you make the decision of what's best for her, and when it is time to put her down and end her suffering. Fortunately for us Oreo lived another two years until 14 years old, and she passed away 3 years ago, but we didn't have to make that decision, she passed away in her sleep and so we didn't have to put her down.

Whatever decision you decide on with your vet, will be done with what's best for Abby, and with love. You will do whatever you can to keep her healthy, and pain free and when the time comes you will make the right decision for her. I understand and know how sad you feel and how heart wrenching this is, and I hope and wish for you to get some more quality time with your baby Abby. Sending love, hugs and prayers for you, and your family, and Abby. Take care Hun and please keep us updated on Abby.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm so very sorry to hear Abby. I have no experience with this but I know we were faced with certain decisions for Ace as he got older and was 10 yo. We decided to let things run their course rather than put him through any more treatments and surgery. It was the best thing we did for him. I wish I could offer some other kind of advice to help. :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sincere condolences on this terrible news, my heart aches for your shock & sorrow.

Keeping all of you in my thoughts & prayers, please keep us informed...GOD bless.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so sorry to hear this you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Cancer in dogs sucks as I just lost my Ridgeback Sasha to it last week. [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] gave some great words of wisdom and I know you will make the best decision for your baby when the time is right.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am so sorry to hear this, I don't have any experience with this at all but just want to send you my prayers and well wishes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers, positive thoughts and support to you and your baby girl!

Please keep us posted

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I am so very sorry to hear your news about Abby. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted after your next appointment.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:angelhug:Hi, I am so sorry that you are going through this with Abby. My Jack Russell Oreo was 12 years old when she was diagnosed with cancer, and my vet gave us this advice. You can do all kinds of tests and treatments for cancer, but the outcome will be the same. Treatment can prolong their life, but can also cause many side effects. She told me dogs and people can live with cancer without treatment, it's a decision you have to make based on her health and how she feels, she told me it comes down to her quality of life, if she she isn't in any pain, and she's eating and drinking normal, then she could live a normal life and then when the time comes when she no longer is having a quality life, or is suffering then you make the decision of what's best for her, and when it is time to put her down and end her suffering. Fortunately for us Oreo lived another two years until 14 years old, and she passed away 3 years ago, but we didn't have to make that decision, she passed away in her sleep and so we didn't have to put her down.

Whatever decision you decide on with your vet, will be done with what's best for Abby, and with love. You will do whatever you can to keep her healthy, and pain free and when the time comes you will make the right decision for her. I understand and know how sad you feel and how heart wrenching this is, and I hope and wish for you to get some more quality time with your baby Abby. Sending love, hugs and prayers for you, and your family, and Abby. Take care Hun and please keep us updated on Abby.
Praying for you and your Abbey. My niece's Dob/Dal. was diagnosed with this same condition. She opted for removal, but it returned. She decided to enjoy him while she could and as long as he had reasonable quality of life. When he couldn't eat much she hand fed him. He had pain meds. She learned, as I have learned that when the time comes, THEY seem to let you know. You can see it in their eyes. Then you do the kindest thing you can do for them. It tears you apart, but as they always forgive you in life, they know you did the BEST for them. BUT perhaps your results will be more hopeful and she will have years more. I will, as all others are too, pray for a hopeful outcome. GOD bless you and Abbey.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I have limited experience with doggie cancer. My childhood pet chiuaua had doggie breast cancer. Just like in humans she had a lump that turned out to be malignant. My moms church raised money to have Lucku operated on and all of her mammory glands (is it called the same thing for dogs?) Were removed.from one side. We had no idea she had been living in pain, and not feeling well, we just thought she was slowing down with age. As soon as she had the surgery it was like she was a puppy again, full of spirit and energy. She lived for quite a few years after that until eventually going blind and then passing from old age. She ended up living almost 20 years.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I have limited experience with doggie cancer. My childhood pet chiuaua had doggie breast cancer. Just like in humans she had a lump that turned out to be malignant. My moms church raised money to have Lucky operated on and all of her mammory glands (is it called the same thing for dogs?) Were removed from one side. We had no idea she had been living in pain, and not feeling well, we just thought she was slowing down with age. As soon as she had the surgery it was like she was a puppy again, full of spirit and energy. She lived for quite a few years after that until eventually going blind and then passing from old age. She ended up living almost 20 years.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.