URGENT!!! Abby's biopsy came back as malignant melanoma!! :**(

dogsrmylife4ever

Nov 29, 2012
Hereford, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
My sweet 9 year old baby had a growth removed 2 weeks ago from inside her mouth. (Gums/lip area.) I got the devastating news last night that the biopsy said it was a malignant melanoma. I really don't want to put her through chemo or radiation. I think those treatments will decrease her quality of life, even if increasing her quantity slightly. We are going back into the Bullie vet on Monday to talk about the options. Is this a common cancer with Bullies? What kind of options/treatments have you guys used? ANY info would be REALLY appreciated!!!! Thanks!:cry:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh my gosh, I'm so very sorry. :(

I don't have any experience but know that you will be taking good care of her, no matter what option you choose. You, Abby and the rest of your fam are in my thoughts. :pray:

aspen2012

Aug 23, 2013
New Mexico
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Aspen
You and your baby will be in my prayers. God Bless

- - - Updated - - -

You and your baby will be in my prayers. God Bless

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is heartbreaking news. I will pray for you and your baby.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
awww..poor girl..How has she been since it was removed? are there any indications it has spread? praying for you guys!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so very sorry. Sadly, all sorts of cancers seem prevalent in many breeds. We lost a Rottie to bone cancer and when she was diagnosed, we were shocked how widespread it was in Rotties. I don't have any treatments or knowledge for you, but you just follow your heart. You love her and know best. :hug:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have no experience with this so all I can offer is my prayers hugs and support!!!:hug::pray:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry! Hope you find a solution.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm so very sorry to hear this news, my heart is breaking for you :*( I have no experience with this but hopefully someone who does will be along soon.

Cinder79

Jan 15, 2013
Northern Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Hmmm..not experienced with MM in bullies but I am a survivor of that cancer and in humans it depends on the stage as to how serious it is. If Abby is just a stage 1 or 2, maybe just the removal of the tumor is all that is needed. Again, not a vet but I hate to have you thinking the worst until you talk to your vet. You may get positive news!

B

Baxter Tiberius

There is substantial evidence that broccoli can fight cancers and reduce tumor size. Surprisingly, its one of the few "natural" things that have been extensively studied, and published in medical journals. I am not sure how this would translate for dogs, but if I were in your shoes, I would begin juicing broccoli heads (stems not necessary) for Baxter daily. It may give the pup some gas, and you can monitor for diarrhea, but there isn't much else out there as powerful against tumors, as broccoli. At least in the natural realm. Simply google broccoli tumors and you'll see the myriads of data supporting this. I know people give bullies broccoli on a regular basis anyways (despite the farts!), so I know its safe for them. Hope this helps.

Kevin

B

Baxter Tiberius

[MENTION=7206]dogsrmylife4ever[/MENTION]
Here are some important links: http://www.i-love-dogs.com/forums/d...7-help-fight-cancer-broccoli-cauliflower.html

Here's a helpful link too: http://www.k9medicinals.com/dog-cancer-diet

Update:
There are rumors that broccoli can be toxic to dogs. This is somewhat true but is only dangerous in large amounts. Here's a quote from an online source;

BROCCOLI: There has been a bit of confusion where broccoli is concerned. Broccoli is very good for dogs, however, if the daily intake exceeds more than 10% of the animals diet – problems can occur. The toxic substance is isothiocyanate and can cause gastrointestinal irritation.
NOTE: Broccoli toxicity was first noted in dairy cattle raised in California. When there was an over abundant broccoli crop, it was fed to the cattle. Problems may have occurred because cattle have rumens and digest things much more thoroughly, therefore taking in more of the toxic substance.

Kevin

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so so very sorry to hear this... I have no experience w/cancer in dogs, I just want you to know that I'm praying for all of you. You will know in your heart what the best choice is for your dear Abby :*(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.