Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Abby's biopsy came back as malignant melanoma!! :**(

Prayers, positive thoughts and support to you and your baby girl!

Please keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I am so very sorry to hear your news about Abby. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted after your next appointment.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, I am so sorry that you are going through this with Abby. My Jack Russell Oreo was 12 years old when she was diagnosed with cancer, and my vet gave us this advice. You can do all kinds of tests and treatments for cancer, but the outcome will be the same. Treatment can prolong their life, but can also cause many side effects. She told me dogs and people can live with cancer without treatment, it's a decision you have to make based on her health and how she feels, she told me it comes down to her quality of life, if she she isn't in any pain, and she's eating and drinking normal, then she could live a normal life and then when the time comes when she no longer is having a quality life, or is suffering then you make the decision of what's best for her, and when it is time to put her down and end her suffering. Fortunately for us Oreo lived another two years until 14 years old, and she passed away 3 years ago, but we didn't have to make that decision, she passed away in her sleep and so we didn't have to put her down.

Whatever decision you decide on with your vet, will be done with what's best for Abby, and with love. You will do whatever you can to keep her healthy, and pain free and when the time comes you will make the right decision for her. I understand and know how sad you feel and how heart wrenching this is, and I hope and wish for you to get some more quality time with your baby Abby. Sending love, hugs and prayers for you, and your family, and Abby. Take care Hun and please keep us updated on Abby.
    Praying for you and your Abbey. My niece's Dob/Dal. was diagnosed with this same condition. She opted for removal, but it returned. She decided to enjoy him while she could and as long as he had reasonable quality of life. When he couldn't eat much she hand fed him. He had pain meds. She learned, as I have learned that when the time comes, THEY seem to let you know. You can see it in their eyes. Then you do the kindest thing you can do for them. It tears you apart, but as they always forgive you in life, they know you did the BEST for them. BUT perhaps your results will be more hopeful and she will have years more. I will, as all others are too, pray for a hopeful outcome. GOD bless you and Abbey.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

I have limited experience with doggie cancer. My childhood pet chiuaua had doggie breast cancer. Just like in humans she had a lump that turned out to be malignant. My moms church raised money to have Lucku operated on and all of her mammory glands (is it called the same thing for dogs?) Were removed.from one side. We had no idea she had been living in pain, and not feeling well, we just thought she was slowing down with age. As soon as she had the surgery it was like she was a puppy again, full of spirit and energy. She lived for quite a few years after that until eventually going blind and then passing from old age. She ended up living almost 20 years.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    I have limited experience with doggie cancer. My childhood pet chiuaua had doggie breast cancer. Just like in humans she had a lump that turned out to be malignant. My moms church raised money to have Lucky operated on and all of her mammory glands (is it called the same thing for dogs?) Were removed from one side. We had no idea she had been living in pain, and not feeling well, we just thought she was slowing down with age. As soon as she had the surgery it was like she was a puppy again, full of spirit and energy. She lived for quite a few years after that until eventually going blind and then passing from old age. She ended up living almost 20 years.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

So sorry you have to go through this. Just wanted to say I had a Scottie who was diagnosed with malignant melanoma in her foot at 9 years of age. They amputated her toe but told me it was an aggressive type of cancer and spreads so to prepare for the inevitable within the year. Well she lived another 71/2 years healthy and happy and passed at 17 of a tumor in her tummy. It happened fast. So there is always hope. You and Abby are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray Abby will now be cancer free.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Please let us know how it is going with Abby...

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Aweeeee por baby. Ill be praying for u and your fam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads