Demodectic mange

L

Lucy-licious

Bella had it on her head, it looked terrible but we got it treated and gone!!

Billys was on his head too...looked unsightly but didnt bother him.
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]...we used the dip and it was totally clear after 4 weeks xx

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=9339]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] Angie, I think they do it different here. He said we would have to bring her in to the office for the dips, apparently they wouldn't just send us home with that. Although they did send us home with the oral ivermectin to give her.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey just finished 6 weeks of treatment for this mange. Ivomectin once a day for 3o days, then a rescrape. They stil found some adults, so advised another 2 weeks. Just had a skin scrape last week- all clear. I have him on daily probiotics, and he gets yogurt once a day. Vet thinks he will grow out of the " poor immune" system by 18 months. Just one of those things!!

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Bogey just finished 6 weeks of treatment for this mange. Ivomectin once a day for 3o days, then a rescrape. They stil found some adults, so advised another 2 weeks. Just had a skin scrape last week- all clear. I have him on daily probiotics, and he gets yogurt once a day. Vet thinks he will grow out of the " poor immune" system by 18 months. Just one of those things!!

I'm thinking that's likely what will happen with Amy...the spot has gotten bigger not smaller so far. She has a few more days of the medicine to finish before going in for the re-scrape though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.