My bully also has idiopathic epilepsy

OP
BullyLove143

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
Do you think the food they eat plays a part?

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Have they run a recent blood panel to check his potassium levels? And protein levels? Food could play a part in it I guess it is so hard to say since they can't tell us what is wrong. I was trying to see if you had a video of him doing it? We go for Loki's panels on 9/11 I could show his vet and see what she thinks about them. I was trying to find his food info, age basically history but I am not seeing it.

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
When Maggie fist started with head tremors, I freaked out... not at the episode, but at the sudden onset and frequency.. It was at least 3 a night and 3-4 a day, all lasting 5-15 minutes. At first I thought it was a focal motor seizure. Then after some more research, I started to lean more towards head tremors. This site has a ton of info on head tremors. I couldn't afford to take her to the vet and logged on here to find her a new home.. quickly, so she could see a vet and get help.. I was ready to give her up to save her... But the good people on this site have helped immensly and things are looking much better. I was able to get her to the vet with the help of some co-workers. They have no clue what is causing it and say her blood work is normal (I'll pick up the results tomorrow and post them)..

Here are the things I tried that helped Maggie..
Spread out her food throughout the day. Suppliment with honey eggs and bannanas. (all in an effort to keep her blood sugar and metabolism on an even ride thoughout the day)
Extra hydration (but you already said he drinks massive amounts of water)
Maggie has not had an episode lasting more than a few seconds since the changes.. and they were very mild.

Also, the fact that he drinks "massive" amounts of water makes me wonder about a blood sugar issue. I know that in people, excessive thirst and frequent urination are often signs of diabetes... just a thought..

I am still very new to teis issue (as it has been less than a week since Maggie's first episode) and she has head tremors, not fly biting or seizures... but, you will find that there are a wealth of people on here that have more knowlege than you could hope to find anywhere else... good luck to you and your baby!

OP
BullyLove143

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
Yes, my update on Douglas. Better late than never right. He's current on 30 mg of Prozac and is going to university of penn in Philadelphia. Their behaviorist there worked with us and believes it to be a behavior issue.

Sent from Stephanie and Dougie

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, my update on Douglas. Better late than never right. He's current on 30 mg of Prozac and is going to university of penn in Philadelphia. Their behaviorist there worked with us and believes it to be a behavior issue.

Sent from Stephanie and Dougie

​Thank you for update...prayers for all...GOD bless!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.