Lana seems to be developing some kind of skin issue.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
use white vinegar instead of ACV ? I had literally ran to the store to buy her some, seeing some people say ACV instead of white vinegar, I will wait for the response. I have the GNC Anti Fungal/Bacterial shampoo for her.

- - - Updated - - -

and I forgot to mention, she has had no vaccine for the past month or two (she is all up to date on everything) and her flea meds (sentinel or something like that) was on the 20th of August.

yes , about the vinegar, the unfiltered ACV is about $5 a bottle and I know several vets that recommend the white. It's cheaper and leaves no sediment. I use ACV with the mother on their food. I has healthier benefits when used on the inside. about a tsp or sometimes just a half teaspoon, cause they really don't like it. But I like it cause it works from the inside out

I must tell you, you really seem to be on top of everything and a really good bully mum :yes: Good job, not all peeps can keep up with this breed.

OP
A

aarons1584

Feb 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lana
Thanks for the props :) I certainly do what I can for my lil booger, these dogs are something else. I just gave her a really good bath, let her soak in her shampoo for a while and massaged her really good, gave her a benedryl as well. lets see what happens over night. I just had regular ACV from the local store, so hopefully it will help some!

OP
A

aarons1584

Feb 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lana
trans_1x1.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Douxo - Chlorhexidine PS + Climbazole Shampoo DOGS & CATS (16.9 fl oz)[/FONT]
is that the shampoo you guys are referring to? and this the pads? Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads (30 count)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yep that 's the stuff , they make a mouse to spot treat, like feet and spots

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
another thing to, this all seemed to start when she went into heat for the first time, she just went out of heat around a week and a half ago
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] .... did you see this piece of her post? does/can heat bring any of this on?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Sherry .... did you see this piece of her post? does/can heat bring any of this on?

I suppose anything is possible, but I would be highly suspicious of a heat cycle causing those spots. Although body temp does rise during a cycle, I'd be more inclined to think there's other factors causing these spots. It's more hard to determine what causes the problem , rather than what type of skin issue it is

OP
A

aarons1584

Feb 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lana
Update: Vet said it was a skin infection, they said more than likely staph, they took a swab, gave her clavamox and malaseb shampoo, told me to bath her everyday in it. hopefully it clears soon.

📰 Latest posts

Members online