General Question Winston's turning into a Tubby Lumpkin!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
After puppy classes today I took Winston by the vets to weigh him... Holy COW he weighs in at 54.5 lbs and he's only 8 months old!!! I feed him 3 cups a day total of the Fromm's, and of course he gets treats but they are either grain free or fruits/veggies. Now that he's in puppy class he gets more treats than normal...

Should I cut back on his food?!! It's been REALLY hot here lately, so I haven't been walking him we go play outside several times a day when it cools off...

I'm gonna change his name to Tubby Lumpkin!!! LOL ;)

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
LOL poor Tubby... We cut down Fergus's food at 6 months to 1 1/4 cup in the morning and 1 1/4 cup at night he is eating Fromm pork and peas and gets lots of vegi and fruit treats. He is 9 months and 47lbs. We walk him 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr at night. Vet says he looks good and probably will max out at 50 lbs Winston might just be a bigger bully plus if you cut back too much he might eat your couch :laugh:. He sure is a cutie pie :luv:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
LOL poor Tubby... We cut down Fergus's food at 6 months to 1 1/4 cup in the morning and 1 1/4 cup at night he is eating Fromm pork and peas and gets lots of vegi and fruit treats. He is 9 months and 47lbs. We walk him 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr at night. Vet says he looks good and probably will max out at 50 lbs Winston might just be a bigger bully plus if you cut back too much he might eat your couch :laugh:. He sure is a cutie pie :luv:
Winston is short like his Momma, and his shoulders are HUGE!!! It's SO hard to get the weight off bullies... I really had to be strict w/Bella. Our vet thinks Winston could max out between 60-70 pounds!!! That's a lotta BULLY!!! :bully:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston is short like his Momma, and his shoulders are HUGE!!! It's SO hard to get the weight off bullies... I really had to be strict w/Bella. Our vet thinks Winston could max out between 60-70 pounds!!! That's a lotta BULLY!!! :bully:

That is a whole lotta bully!! But if his body makeup is meant to be 70 then....I wouldn't change any feeding if the vet says he's ok. :rundog:
Buster just weighed in at 54 and turned 16 months. :D These babies are all built differently.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is a whole lotta bully!! But if his body makeup is meant to be 70 then....I wouldn't change any feeding if the vet says he's ok. :rundog:
Buster just weighed in at 54 and turned 16 months. :D These babies are all built differently.
His vet saw him yesterday, and said he looked amazing!!! Good LORD I think he's the biggest baby on here... :fie: Ok seriously, if he IS gonna be a massive bully here's my dilemma... he's so short he can't jump in the car, so I'm gonna have to pick-up a 60 to 70 pound bully?!! UGH... :wallbang:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
His vet saw him yesterday, and said he looked amazing!!! Good LORD I think he's the biggest baby on here... :fie: Ok seriously, if he IS gonna be a massive bully here's my dilemma... he's so short he can't jump in the car, so I'm gonna have to pick-up a 60 to 70 pound bully?!! UGH... :wallbang:

Sounds like Tubby Lumpkin will need a ramp to get in the car eventually. :yes::yes: Or get the neighbors to heave the Tubby up when he goes out. Gives a new meaning to "it takes a village"!!! :D

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus has always been a big boy too! I don't quite remember what he weighed at that age but at 2 years old he is 61 lbs :) He looks great and has no trouble getting around :) He weighs more than his sister (pitbull) She is taller than him and much more muscular :)

They are all different sizes but we did cut back his food around that age to 2 cups of Fromm a day. 1 cup in the am and 1 cup in the pm He is still on that schedule unless daddy feeds him! Daddy always gives a bit more than he is supposed to

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like Tubby Lumpkin will need a ramp to get in the car eventually. :yes::yes: Or get the neighbors to heave the Tubby up when he goes out. Gives a new meaning to "it takes a village"!!! :D
Oh Lord help me... LOL :rofl:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus has always been a big boy too! I don't quite remember what he weighed at that age but at 2 years old he is 61 lbs :) He looks great and has no trouble getting around :) He weighs more than his sister (pitbull) She is taller than him and much more muscular :)

They are all different sizes but we did cut back his food around that age to 2 cups of Fromm a day. 1 cup in the am and 1 cup in the pm He is still on that schedule unless daddy feeds him! Daddy always gives a bit more than he is supposed to
My boxer weighs 62 lbs, but she's really tall so it looks like she weighs way more... I may cut Mr. Winston back some to his dismay, LOL Of course the rest of the family LOVE to feed him more than I would like... I finally got my mother-in-law to feed him ice cubes instead of constant treats!!! :yell:

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
My boxer weighs 62 lbs, but she's really tall so it looks like she weighs way more... I may cut Mr. Winston back some to his dismay, LOL Of course the rest of the family LOVE to feed him more than I would like... I finally got my mother-in-law to feed him ice cubes instead of constant treats!!! :yell:

My parents have a boxer who is really skinny and has been her whole life! The vet said she is perfect for a boxer but I dont like that you can see her ribs! She eats and eats but doesnt gain anything! She will be 10 years old in Dec :) They are an amazing breed!!!!

Yup my dad is the same with Brutus and Chanel! He gives them macaroni and meatballs as treats :bang: Of course when Im not looking or doing something else! And now since we live down the street from them he comes over to take them potty and they get treats as well!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley weighs 65 lbs but to the eye he doesn't look overweight. The vet says he can afford to lose a lb or two but he's definitely not fat.. Hes on the large side compared to other bullies I think. I give him 2 cups of Fromms at night along with some veggies/yogurt. I feel like 2 cups is not enough but he looks like he can afford to miss a meal or two.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My parents have a boxer who is really skinny and has been her whole life! The vet said she is perfect for a boxer but I dont like that you can see her ribs! She eats and eats but doesnt gain anything! She will be 10 years old in Dec :) They are an amazing breed!!!!

Yup my dad is the same with Brutus and Chanel! He gives them macaroni and meatballs as treats :bang: Of course when Im not looking or doing something else! And now since we live down the street from them he comes over to take them potty and they get treats as well!!!
Boxer's are amazing... I can see Roxie's ribs a little too, but she has energy to burn, always running around!!!

Speaking of family, my mother-in-law was buying my girls WHOPPER JUNIORS while we were on vacations one time!!! :aaargh: Needless to say she doesn't doggie sit for me anymore... LOL

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley weighs 65 lbs but to the eye he doesn't look overweight. The vet says he can afford to lose a lb or two but he's definitely not fat.. Hes on the large side compared to other bullies I think. I give him 2 cups of Fromms at night along with some veggies/yogurt. I feel like 2 cups is not enough but he looks like he can afford to miss a meal or two.

You know looking at Chum's pics, I'm thinking Winston will look like him... frame wise!!! Chum has wide shoulders, and so does Mr. Winston. Who is that little bully in your signature pic?!! So cute... ;)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Boxer's are amazing... I can see Roxie's ribs a little too, but she has energy to burn, always running around!!!

Speaking of family, my mother-in-law was buying my girls WHOPPER JUNIORS while we were on vacations one time!!! :aaargh: Needless to say she doesn't doggie sit for me anymore... LOL

Yes same here with my moms boxer even at 10 she still runs like a puppy! Boy they are very fast too :)

:eek: Whoppers I cant imagine the poop that was coming out :ROFL:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
You know looking at Chum's pics, I'm thinking Winston will look like him... frame wise!!! Chum has wide shoulders, and so does Mr. Winston. Who is that little bully in your signature pic?!! So cute... ;)
ha ha thats a statue I found in a garden center this summer. I think chum thinks its real!

Most Reactions