Pet Insurance

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
Hi everyone! Wanted to know what the best pet insurance is? Currently we have VPI....been told that Trupanion is the way to go..suggestions???

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
We have Trupanion and they do have quick response by email. Our Vet do the paper works for us so that we don't have to worry.

nikegirl44

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Trupanion is the way to go! Unfortunately our baby Tubby has been the walking wounded many many times before and he's not even two yet! So we have our fair share of experience with them! We love them! Tubby tore both Knees (ACL) 4 months apart from each other, the last one being four weeks ago and they were amazing. The first surgery was $ 4200.00 and the second around $ 5000.00 and after we met our deductible which was only $200.00 they covered 90% less the exam fee. And that's lifetime, so once you meet a deductible in one medical condition, they cover 90% you cover 10% for the life of policy. Tubby has met his deductible in like 10-12 different conditions (ex: kennel cough, elbow dysplasia). They also have no lifetime payout max which when I was researching all the options, I noticed alot of them have caps, some as low as $ 11,000 from what I remember. Oh! And one more thing that I think is important! They process your claims and send out your checks like super fast, like within 5 days or so! Great customer service. Okay I am done. Sorry for my rambling, I got a little carried away. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We use Care Credit, Love it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use Petsmart, and are happy with it, they have different levels that you can change around when you need it. When we first got our two babies, we put them on the puppy wellness plan which covered all their puppy stuff like exams, vaccinations, stool samples, spay/neuter surgeries, etc. then we went down one level after their first year. They cover 80 %, and the cash is deposited directly into your bank account. I've heard great things about Trupanion as well. My vet recommended both companies, as well as I've heard from a few people that they use President's choice pet insurance.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have Trupanion as well. Haven't had to use it yet so I cannot speak to how fast they process claims, but i have heard it is quickly. I have also heard that some vets will take direct payment from them so all you have to pay is your deductible and 10% and you are done which to me is an even bigger bonus if the vet will do that.

Most Reactions