Allergy test?

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I was wondering about taking Bruno for an allergy test. I have tried everything with his food. He has been on everything from taste of the wild, origin,wellness,acana and now natural balance. I have eliminated the different proteins and have settled on the fish from natural balance grain free.
He seems to get these little bumps under his skin. It lifts the hair up and is very noticeable when outside in the sun. They do not bleed and he does not scratch.
He got something similar a while back while a pup. That time is was bloody and a little crusty .. I treated him with Ivomec injections and it all went away. I have tried those again along with changing his diet but won't go away.
I think he might be allergic to something else.
How accurate are these tests and how much do they run?
1535bb19.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow he still has that? When Yuna had that there was no bumps, just patches of hair missing- just like the pictures. Did you try medicated shampoo yet?

I am going to take a guess that just a FOOD test would be between $100-$200 and maybe the same for natural allergens. I think I got 3 tests done on Sara- this was about 6 years ago- it was about $450 for all of the tests. There were 3 different ones.

I am thinking of doing this for Tidus too.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, I am of no help here but how frustrating for you. :( Would be worth looking into for sure since this has been such an ongoing issue.

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Thank you for the quick reply..I also want to apologize for then spelling errors.. I posted this from my iPad on the bus. :)

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
If you have tried several foods and differents proteins, I would definitely consider the allergy test. Im sure all vets are different, but I know mine charges $285 for the complete allergen test. It will probably save you $ in the long run and Bruno will look and feel better when you know what to keep away from.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
poor bruno i would do the tests and see what he is allergic to i know its gotta be frustrating for both of you. if its to expensive you could always get a care credit card "if your vet accepts it" and you can pay it off no intreset for 6 months and sometimes longer. we got the card just in case anything big ever happens and we need to pay a huge hunk up front!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] thats a great idea! I would definately do the testing since nothing else seems to be working. Good luck! :D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
After trying all these things that you have I would definitely consider allergy testing. Good advise lexterwayne, I also use care credit and its a life saver.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.