Tonka minor flea problem.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Rub them down with some lavender; its a natural flea repellent. You can boil some and use the water once it is cooled down or get some lavender oil and rub it on them. Either way, thats what I use on my girls and they are flea free always. Makes them smell great too.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Rub them down with some lavender; its a natural flea repellent. You can boil some and use the water once it is cooled down or get some lavender oil and rub it on them. Either way, thats what I use on my girls and they are flea free always. Makes them smell great too.

Therese, have I told you my Dad & Mom lived several different times in Sierra Vista?
One of their most fav places, once Dad retired from the Army, he would move from
place to place...being alcoholic played into that greatly. As a family, we lived in Phoenix
one summer, wayyyyyy back when, I was in the 8th grade & am 58 now :) I always
dreamed of living in Flagstaff but not rich enough, HAHAHA

Great tip on Lavender, I've never used it but will try it now, the lemon water is doing
okay but still...

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka

Therese, have I told you my Dad & Mom lived several different times in Sierra Vista?
One of their most fav places, once Dad retired from the Army, he would move from
place to place...being alcoholic played into that greatly. As a family, we lived in Phoenix
one summer, wayyyyyy back when, I was in the 8th grade & am 58 now :) I always
dreamed of living in Flagstaff but not rich enough, HAHAHA

Great tip on Lavender, I've never used it but will try it now, the lemon water is doing
okay but still...

I read this somewhere. I think I will try this.

For this formula you will need: A bottle of baby oil gel, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup water. I usually use the lavender baby oil gel, but if you can't find it the regular baby oil gel will work also. I put all of these ingredients in a small tupperware with lid and shake it really good. I don't use a spray bottle because sometimes the oil will clog the sprayer. Next dip your hand or rag into the mixture and spread it all over your dog. I usually put on a light coat, except in the flea prone areas. I add a little thicker coat in those areas.You might need to repeat this every few days depending on how bad the fleas are. I did this all last spring and summer. Between the oil and the other ingredients my dogs remained pretty much flea-less. When i saw any signs of them scratching I would coat them again with the formula.The fleas seem to be repelled by this and disappear.The dogs will be a little oily feeling but they will be very comfortable and happy.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

Thank you for posting this & taking the time to research it.

I will do further research too and get back on this subject.
@Twice

The garlic debate :) For every link you show me that it's harmful I can show you 3 that show that it isn't. Like this one from Sojo's

https://www.sojos.com/learn/articles/ingredients/healing-properties-garlic

or this one from DogsNaturally (a holistic blog)

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/garlic-for-dogs-poison-or-medicine/

or this holistic blog

http://www.natural-dog-health-remedies.com/garlic-for-dogs.html

dogaware.com (everyones go to for sick pets) has tons of articles on garlic

http://www.dogaware.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-3346777080832403%3A5399215751&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=garlic&sa=&siteurl=www.dogaware.com%2F&ref=&ss=582j90902j6

The bottom line is that garlic in moderate amounts has amazing healing properties. I give it to my own dogs regularly

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Do the "bug off" type garlic pills work as well?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.