Other Ways to sneak in your dogs medication...

DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
I have NEVER been one to shove a pill down my pets throat...i cant bring myself to do it! My husband on the other hand can do it in a few seconds, before the animal even knew what he was doing! lol So i wanted to start a thread to see all the different ways that all my EBN buddies sneak their dogs medication be it liquid or pills..

at first i was using a small piece of hotdog and shoved the pills inside. the first time i did it Kooper gobbled it up ( didn't even chew ) so of course that worried me because just like a child, a dog can get it logged in his throat and choke! so then after a couple of days of that he started to chew the hotdog up, unveiling the medication and leaving it on the floor:p...then i tried rolling it in a piece of turkey..didn't work..now im on peanut butter ( chunky ) and he actually will eat the pill AFTER he spits it on the floor...:whew: I think the chunky peanut butter kinda throws him off so he doesn't realize there is a pill in there.

How do you give your bully medication??

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Well at first Cheese worked then he learned that there was medicine in the cheese and he would spit the medicine back at me. I mean literally spit it at me after he ate the cheese from around it, then I tried lunch meat same result so I have been debating on using can dog food to put the medicine in but I think he might smell a snake there because he NEVER gets can food so he would automatically be suspicious. The last few times I have just put it down his throat he hates it I hate it we all hate it I just wish he would take it. I'm going to try acting like its a treat then after he eats it (IF he eats it) I'll give him a high value treat such as lunch meat.

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
Pill pockets work with my crew.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Cheese ,meat anything yummy that can be wrapped around the pill work for us ;-)

B

Baxter Tiberius

None of the various tricks worked with Baxter.
Put the pill right in his food.
They don't even chew the kibbles. Nor taste them.
They inhale them.
Just put the pill in his food and he will scarf it down without even realizing it.
Worked 100% of the time with this little guy.
Try it once and see...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Tried that before -if pill wont dissolve in their food my dogs ended up spitting it out
I suppose every dog is different
Forgot to add we split pill in half so its a bit smaller (for instance their worming tablet -shy will swallow it ,Lily loves to chew her food so smaller one works a treat especially after we first give her cheese ,then cheese with pill and making sure she sees next piece of cheese waiting for her she will swallow the one with a pill right down ;-)

B

Baxter Tiberius

I started putting random crap in Baxters food right away (olive oil, kefir milk, glucosamine powder, probiotic powder, etc) so maybe he's getting used to weird tastes in his meals. lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bananas work wonders for us. Same with watermelon and cantelope.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Lunchmeat or cheese. His highness does not care for bananas or peanut butter. I can disguise it -- if I'm clever -- in apple or strawberries, too...he does like those.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:icecream:Oh I'm sure just about anything edible would work for my guys. Lol. But the one and only time I had to give them pain pills which was after their spay and neuter and cherry eye surgeries, we used a little bit of frozen yogurt, they love this stuff.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have used cheese, but now everyone gets wise to it. They don't make cheese like they used to! last time I needed something, I used pill pockets. Worked great. Hope I don't need to use them-but they worked!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have used cheese, but now everyone gets wise to it. They don't make cheese like they used to! last time I needed something, I used pill pockets. Worked great. Hope I don't need to use them-but they worked!

What are pill pockets? I don't guess I have ever seen these

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Pill pockets are made by the "GREENIES" Co. They are soft treats with a hole in the middle, to put a pill in. They come in two sizes. They are very handy, and seem to be tasty to the dogs! If you have a severe allergy dog, though=you need to read the ingredients-think it has chicken, wheat &.......My dogs loved them. Much easier than trying to wrap something around a pill!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
American Cheese for my 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.