HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
So Mr ADHD was rough housing with us and then wanted whole body rubbing and scratching by my nails. . When I got to his ears he really loved it the BAM got all pissy so of course i pulled him over to me and EEWWWW his ear looks kinda goopy.

Im guessing its an ear infection? But he is really weird any ways about being restrained anyways.

Im always careful with a bath and Im sure hoping its not the FROMM he's eating. .

Any suggestions? Besides running him 40+ miles to an ER vet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would just clean them out, and see how they look in 24 hours. Do you have any malecetic or panalog?

Infections usually have head shaking as a main symptom, is he shaking his head a lot?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION] .... give them a good rinse of vinegar/water and let him shake it out. Banks allergies get her ears messy at times and a good rinse helps to clear them up -- if that does not work, you'll need antibiotics most likely

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Crazy holistic lady chiming in here!! :)

Put a few drops of ACV in his ears, rub it down real good and wipe out as much as you can with a cotton ball. Then go to the fridge and get the garlic. 1 minced clove of garlic + 2 tbsp of warm olive or coconut oil. Mince the garlic and let it sit out in the air for about 10 minutes. Put it in the oil for about half an hour then scoop it out. Put a few drops of the warm garlic oil in his ears twice a day for general antibiotic purposes, if he is in pain you can use as needed.

Garlic is an outstanding pain reliever for painful ear infections. But it is also an amazing antiseptic, anti-viral, antibacterial, anti fungal... its natures antibiotic.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)

Put a few drops of ACV in his ears, rub it down real good and wipe out as much as you can with a cotton ball. Then go to the fridge and get the garlic. 1 minced clove of garlic + 2 tbsp of warm olive or coconut oil. Mince the garlic and let it sit out in the air for about 10 minutes. Put it in the oil for about half an hour then scoop it out. Put a few drops of the warm garlic oil in his ears twice a day for general antibiotic purposes, if he is in pain you can use as needed.

Garlic is an outstanding pain reliever for painful ear infections. But it is also an amazing antiseptic, anti-viral, antibacterial, anti fungal... its natures antibiotic.

Thank you he seams to be getting better. Im gonna make a vet apt to just to make sure...

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I don't have anything to add...I just wanted to say I think this site is amazing.if anyone has a problem there are immediate responses on how to help! you guys are great!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
curious.......can we use acv and alcohol ( what i use to prevent swimmers ear) in our bullies ears?

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I don't have anything to add...I just wanted to say I think this site is amazing.if anyone has a problem there are immediate responses on how to help! you guys are great!

I agree and have learned so so so much from just reading posts!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
We use 70% alcohol and pour it directly in the ear. Sounds harsh but works for Rudy.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans

Totally nothing to do with dogs but it is so funny you say this about garlic, Sean and I both take garlic supplements 2 times a day and so far we have not had a cold in probably 2 years!

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im a little late posting. The new job keeps me busy.. Well the home remedies didn't seam to work well so we went to the vet and the tested the gunk and it was yeast. He gave me some ear wash and a antibiotic ear wash and it's done wonders. So happy :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online