It's so hot!!!

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
And my babies go to my moms with me. I drive an older car and put Dex in the front seat. Air on full blast (which doesn't do a lot in 95 heat) and I always get him a cup of ice. He's still panting and I don't want him to get too hot. I know I'm prob overlooking something super simple-

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Cool car down before putting Dexter in, wet a couple towels, freeze them
& cover him on the way to Mom's, buy a cooling vest...sending love!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Cool car down before putting Dexter in, wet a couple towels, freeze them
& cover him on the way to Mom's, buy a cooling vest...sending love!

Great advice! Living here in FL. its always hot. I ALWAYS go out and start my SUV before taking Vegas anywhere. I make sure the vent is blowing right on him and I take a bottle of water and a drinking bowl, And yes, the watery slobber gets all over the floor of my car too, lol.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
yes thats what we do put the AC on in the car first , then go get Duke and put him in..
I keep ice cubes in a container in a cooler bag.. and we make stops to let him get out to pee and have a drink!

:yes:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
We are in mississippi also it is soooo hot here!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hot?? Looky here! We are driving to the mountains and look what our outside temperature gauge is showing
:eek:
ybehuma9.jpg

Now.. It's probably really only 112 or so..but we are in dead stopped traffic so heat and cars reflecting onto our gauge!
Lordy!!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Hot?? Looky here! We are driving to the mountains and look what our outside temperature gauge is showing
ybehuma9.jpg

Now.. It's probably really only 112 or so..but we are in dead stopped traffic so heat and cars reflecting onto our gauge!
Lordy!!

OH MY 112 is terrible!!!

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I always start the car before but like I said....the dang thing is old :) it doesn't even have a clicker for lock/unlock. And when it's 100+ it's so hard to cool down. The freezing towels is good- and I always get him ice too...just feel so bad.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ybehuma9.jpg

Lordy!!

Oh ya with 60% humidity!! Sure do love this time of year..............................................................................................................NOT

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh ya with 60% humidity!! Sure do love this time of year..............................................................................................................NOT

I saw 106 this week....REALLY? It's the Fickin' L.A. County Fair! I tell ya....when the fair comes..so does the miserable heat! :bang:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw 106 this week....REALLY? It's the Fickin' L.A. County Fair! I tell ya....when the fair comes..so does the miserable heat! :bang:

Yes once they get the fryers going over there the heat skyrockets ever year...they throw everything in the deep fryer, Deep fried chocolate covered bacon is a big hit this year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.