Koopers Vet Visit!

DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
Kooper has Demodex AKA MANGE MITES!!. :scared: Plus the vet thinks that he might have some elbow issues but thats a different story for a different day. The vet ( who is SO wonderful! ) prescribed him chephalexin/keflex 500mg, hydroxyzine/ atarax 50mg, and ivermectin 1% oral solution plus a medicated shampoo that has to be done once a week till directed. He is scheduled to go back in three weeks for a check up! wish him luck!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor Kooper - sending hugs and bully kisses from me and Dudley! Hope you are ALL feeling much better soon.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor baby. At least you now know what it is and have the tools to begin the road to recovery. Keep us posted as to how things are going.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh poor Kooper... Well at least you know what's going on, I hope that he feels better soon :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
((sigh)) Well, at least you know the issue and can now work to getting him all better. Good luck and please keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he gets rid of it soon, a spoonful of plain yogurt everyday will help.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
:hug2:Zeus had Demodex too. We caught his early and he took Ivermectin and wore a flea collar. Every couple of weeks he went back to be checked. We had to change the flea collar one time and he took the Ivermectin for a couple of months. He was treated one more time after he had a negative scraping. We started with the NUvet and Greek plain yogurt and acidophilus and no problems in the past 8-9 months. We feed Fromm's Pork and Peas. Hope Kooper gets better soon. Remember "this,too, shall pass!"

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Amelia has Demodex too. She's currently taking the oral solution of ivermectin daily. The vet gave her an injection the day she had her spay early in August then started the oral 10 days later. That's supposed to be done for 30 days then she goes back in for a recheck. The area of hair loss/irritation on her side isn't getting any better looking yet. He really isn't having us do anything topical but I'm wondering what might help.
Any suggestions from people who have treated it before?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online