Kucha

Feb 10, 2013
Country
Tokyo Japan
Bulldog(s) Names
Kucha
:scared:
My baby Kucha can't walk!!!
After we came home from our morning walk (the usual one hour, about a mile) she started to limp, and later it went really bad.
The video was taken at noon.
We took her to the vet on the afternoon where they took an x-ray.
Other than shallow hip joints (that we learned about a month ago), there is nothing seems to be wrong with her.
We compared the x-ray that they took a month ago with today's ones and there is no change.
My vet say that my bully need to loose weight.
She is almost a year old and 45 lbs. Is she really too fat?
She doesn't show pain to touch (both me and the vet checked) anywhere.
We got painkiller shoot, and painkiller pills for three days. The vet said if it doesn't get better we should visit back...
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
OMG. Wow, that is really weird. So there's nothing stuck in her paw? Maybe try taking her for shorter walks after she heals? I'm thinking either something got stuck in her paw or she sprained or pulled something.

My prayers are with ya'll - please keep us updated!

edited to add:

as for her weight, she does look to be a bit on the smaller scale of the EB range. If she's already 45 pounds at 1 year, she still has some growing to do. My girl is about the same size as yours, my girl is 5 years old and weighs 48 lbs. Our vet has told us she needs to lose a few pounds, too. I don't think she looks fat, but if she's only 1 year old and weighing in at 45 lbs, and she's still gonna grow, they yes, maybe she could stand to loose few.

Hope this helps?

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Oh my are the muscles in her hind quarter cramping Sheldon did this also I got to watching and the muscles were cramping so I started to massage his hind quarters when it happened and I changed his food now it hardly ever happens.

- - - Updated - - -

We will be praying for a resolution

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh I'm so sorry your going through this with Kucha. I'm sorry I don't have any experience or ideas of what could be causing her not to walk, unless she's walking for too long, and it's causing her some inflammation, or pain and she can't walk afterwards. I hope it's nothing serious, and she feels better soon. Keep an eye on her, and maybe try taking her on shorter walks of maybe half an hour, and see if it makes a difference. Please keep us posted on how she's doing. Sending, love, hugs and prayers that she feels better soon, and you find out the cause.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor baby. Ruthie used to have leg issues like that and always walked with a limp. Our vet said it was a tendon/knee cap issue. We give her glucosamine/chondroitin(sp?) and she has no issues with it now. Maybe it's a little sprained. I hope she feels better soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh poor girl! My heart just broke watching that...

I am wondering if ACL tears show up in X-rays , [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] do you know?

Weight wise I would have to agree with your vet, she could probably stand to lose a few pounds. If you don't try to get her more trim now it's only going to get harder as she gets older. Here is photo of how to gauge correct weight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377786517.410711.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It very well could be that she stepped on something that is causing the limp or that the walk was just too far for her. After watching the video and seeing her move and it is obvious she is still growing but there is also the possibility that she has developed Panosteitis (Pano for short it is also a fancy word for growing pains) which is the sudden onset of inflammation of the long bone in her back leg with no obvious injury or explanation. It normally affects large breed dogs, but can present itself in any breed at any time between the ages of 5 and 14 months of age while the root cause unknown it is believed to be linked to growth, stress and metabolism and other factors. It is also known to move from leg to leg as it runs its course from time to time but it doesn't always do that and it can continue to recur until 2 years of age with flare up off and on during the dogs life. The reason I bring this up is we just went through this with Harlea and her movements are much the same as hers were.

Last edited:

Saylesfamily

Oct 5, 2011
Sierra Vista, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley Fonsworhty III
During the summer, I limit my boy to only 20 mins a walk, b/c it is just too hot for him. A mile might be too long for her and she is sore or tired. Also, check her paws for objects. We took Sir bentley out for a walk and he feel down like he was shot. He had a thrown in between his toes.

OP
Kucha

Kucha

Feb 10, 2013
Country
Tokyo Japan
Bulldog(s) Names
Kucha
Thank you all for the replies.
We did check her paws, there is nothing there.
Touched the whole back from the nail to the tummy and she did not showed discomfort to touch/massage anywhere.
It is close to midnight here, and she is still up, can't find the right posture to sleep... Her eyelids are so heavy she is falling asleep sitting
Tried to give her pillows, moved her around, massaged ...
Finally now, while typing I can hear the usual snoring
Thank you all, I will write an update tomorrow morning.

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
This used to happen to Joe when he was younger and growing. The Vet said that some of his limping and stiffness in his back legs were from growing pains. I used to just massage his knees and hips, he is fine now that he is older. Although he could stand to lose some weight too...he is a tall boy weighing in at 80lbs!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
That's so odd- it seams as if she doesn't want to bend her right leg. Weight wise I would go off actuall LB but her physical build and she looks like she is very compact- which makes he look very solid. I would get her closer to 40LB

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
poor Kucha.I hope shes feeling better soon! she doesn't look too much overweight to me that it would cause an issue like that..Praying shes up and around soon! Hang in there it may be something temporary.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Great adivce above as expected from EBN.

I worry less about the actual number of the weight than what the condition of the dogs are in. I have dogs ranging from 45-90 pounds. Just built differently. Also the time of the year and the activity level should control how much food is feed and adjusted as the months go by. (as adults we should have someone control OUR food intake?...hehe..)

AS for the limp, since the xrays came back clean, it does seem more like growing pain exacerbated by the walk. Bed rest and recovery and then SLOWLY start again. As EBD get older, some just can't walk as far?

Massage, warm bath, pain/muscle reliever

Good Day~

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello,

Great adivce above as expected from EBN.

I worry less about the actual number of the weight than what the condition of the dogs are in. I have dogs ranging from 45-90 pounds. Just built differently. Also the time of the year and the activity level should control how much food is feed and adjusted as the months go by. (as adults we should have someone control OUR food intake?...hehe..)

AS for the limp, since the xrays came back clean, it does seem more like growing pain exacerbated by the walk. Bed rest and recovery and then SLOWLY start again. As EBD get older, some just can't walk as far?

Massage, warm bath, pain/muscle reliever

Good Day~

I agree. Poor thing! a little r&r will do her good.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.