Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bully can't walk!!!

Happy to hear Kucha is walking better today, must be such a worry for you.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad to hear Kucha is on the mend...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Looks like in the second video she is doing better... as for weight, I would keep her around 40lbs... lessen her kibble and fill in with frozen green beans if needed.

How much do you feed her a day?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    Morocco
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Perla
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kucha View Post

My baby Kucha can't walk!!!
    After we came home from our morning walk (the usual one hour, about a mile) she started to limp, and later it went really bad.
    The video was taken at noon.
    We took her to the vet on the afternoon where they took an x-ray.
    Other than shallow hip joints (that we learned about a month ago), there is nothing seems to be wrong with her.
    We compared the x-ray that they took a month ago with today's ones and there is no change.
    My vet say that my bully need to loose weight.
    She is almost a year old and 45 lbs. Is she really too fat?
    She doesn't show pain to touch (both me and the vet checked) anywhere.
    We got painkiller shoot, and painkiller pills for three days. The vet said if it doesn't get better we should visit back...
    Any advise would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Hello, first of all I want to say I'm sorry for kucha, I hope she's okay now, I am in the same case with Perla that happened to her today and I am so scared I can't hold myself together!
    For my girl she 4 years old, she is a French bulldog I adopted her few months now, she weighs 18 pounds she was maltreated , so I bought her home and she was very happy and healthy, I always take her for a walk 20 to 30 minutes morning and night time , and she is always excited about it, specially the mornings she always wakes me up, today I noticed she didn't move from her bed I called her but she couldn't stand up, so I tried to help her but she was standing only on her front legs, I called the vet and he said she may have an inflammation! He gives me a prescription because I live far away from the city and I can't drive because I just get operated, I just want to know if I can do something to help her !!!
    Please excuse my English, it's my third language
    Thank you

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Halima View Post
    Hello, first of all I want to say I'm sorry for kucha, I hope she's okay now, I am in the same case with Perla that happened to her today and I am so scared I can't hold myself together!
    For my girl she 4 years old, she is a French bulldog I adopted her few months now, she weighs 18 pounds she was maltreated , so I bought her home and she was very happy and healthy, I always take her for a walk 20 to 30 minutes morning and night time , and she is always excited about it, specially the mornings she always wakes me up, today I noticed she didn't move from her bed I called her but she couldn't stand up, so I tried to help her but she was standing only on her front legs, I called the vet and he said she may have an inflammation! He gives me a prescription because I live far away from the city and I can't drive because I just get operated, I just want to know if I can do something to help her !!!
    Thank you
    I think you should get her to a vet. I have a 4 year old French Bulldog as well and he was recently diagnosed with IVDD which can be common in the breed. Thankfully we caught it in time and he had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck but some dogs can become paralyzed from it. Around 4 years of age is common for issues to start showing up.

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I think you should get her to a vet. I have a 4 year old French Bulldog as well and he was recently diagnosed with IVDD which can be common in the breed. Thankfully we caught it in time and he had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck but some dogs can become paralyzed from it. Around 4 years of age is common for issues to start showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halima View Post
    Thank you

I agree with Citty.... he needs to be seen by a vet, my Frenchie has the same issues with his spine started at around 4 years old and we keep it under control with cold lase treatments and joints supplements (Movoflex). if you can not drive is there someone nearby that can take him for an evaluation? The sooner you catch and treat the better the chances of not needing surgery
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads