Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I just noticed this on Ftse, does anyone know what it is
ccccccccccccccc 002.jpgccccccccccccccc 003.jpgccccccccccccccc 005.jpgccccccccccccccc 006.jpg

it is just inside his groin near his testicles. Does it look like a tick or something

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Julie, I can't see a tick unless it's very small & burrowed in but you could feel it.

Is he scratching at it?

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Julie, I can't see a tick unless it's very small & burrowed in but you could feel it.

Is he scratching at it?

no it doesn't seem to bother him I scratched at it and he moved then but I guess that a sensitive part too

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, he may have a bite from something, if a tick, I think it's dropped off.

Do y'all have much tick problems there? He may just have scratched himself
earlier & left a mark.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well, he may have a bite from something, if a tick, I think it's dropped off.

Do y'all have much tick problems there? He may just have scratched himself
earlier & left a mark.

we do with non paralysing ticks since the floods, but he has never had one I ll keep an eye on it maybe I am just paranoid as it doesn't seem to bother him he is eating etc

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You know me, I immediately prayed over him and that it's nothing :)

I love you mush, dear Julie!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Julie..all I see is redness..is that from you? Jake has had a couple ticks..I don't see one there! If the red spots are new..try some peroxide on those..maybe a dab of neosporin. If its from you messing with him...leave him alone! ;)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I'm not sure what this could be, but could it be a hot spot? I don't have experience with this, but hopefully someone comes along soon, that may know what this could be. Sending, love, hugs and prayers that it isn't anything serious.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thanks everyone I am taking him to the vets as he walking a bit stiff in his left leg and I am really worried I will let you know when I get home.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive thoughts...hope it's nothing!

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Home from the vets and to my relief no tick, but Ftse has an infection but when we bathed him on Sunday he had nothing there I would say he has done it in the garden where we have some small trees that we are in the process of pulling out and Ftse jumps near them and has cut his foot before on them. So this needs to be removed sooner than later now and is easily treated. The vet checked his stiff leg out and he says he has like a sprain in his knee and this only started to bother him after lunch as he was perfectly fine going for a walk this morning and Richard has just told me he jumped up at the fence this morning at the neighbour as he just does not like him if when he came out and didn't talk to Ftse he would be fine but as soon as he talks to him he jumps at the fence and barks at him I will ask him not to talk to Ftse as this has happened before I just need to keep Ftse resting for a few days I don't know how I am suppose to keep a bullie quite.

But once again while at the vets Ftse is always snapping at them he never did this until after he had his cherry eye surgery he used to love going but now he gets very agitated when we go and is constantly snapping at the vets or nurses if they touch his face or down in that region, I have just phoned a dog trainer to see if she can help me with this and we are going to be having our first lesson next Wed I do so hope she can as Ftse is not a mean dog at all but he sure does come across very mean at the vets and if someone comes to the door and they are the other side talking if they are inside he is fine just when they are outside is the problem, so I will pray she can make my baby seem not so aggressive to people as it is upsetting when people say oh he is so vicious and you know they're not.

Thank you all for your help and thoughts of Ftse

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I hope he feels better, they get those sudden rashes all the time, and everywhere :(. I love love love his bee costume. How adorable!! :kisskiss:

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoping this has relieved your mind some, dear one...I don't blame him
for not liking the vet's clinic now as BAD THINGS happened to him there
...shows he's smart! Sending hugs of comfort & love...
:buddies:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.