General Question 2.5 year old pooping and peeing on floor during the night . . .

SLDaye

Nov 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi
Our Lexi is a 2.5 year old sweet girl who has recently started peeing and pooping on the floor at night. We had her to the vet about 4 months ago and he was thrilled with how healthy and happy she is but due to some signs of allergy were asked to change her food. We did so but the symptoms continued so we need to change her back slowly. We tried some other things the vet recommended as well. However within the last month she’s started pooping and peeing on the floor in the house at night. Her bed is in the living room and that’s where she likes to sleep at night. We tried brining her into our room at night to sleep and for a couple of nights that was fine but it has started up again now. Lexi is crated during the work day so crating her at night is not going to happen. We take her out a few times during the evening and right at bedtime. We walk her often and play with her in the yard but are going to try walking her later in the evenings to see if that helps. We are also going to try changing up her feeding schedule a bit to see if that helps also. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thank you.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ughh that's no fun! Sounds like you are doing everything right to avoid it, the only thing I could think of is when pups have a UTI they urinate alot more frequently. Whether it is a UTI or just a behaviorial thing I hope you get it figured out soon!

OP
SLDaye

SLDaye

Nov 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi
What about paw licking? The vet says that could be a sign of allergies. Lexi is constantly licking at her paws. Anyone have any ideas/comments/suggestions? Poor girl, I feel like all I'm doing is complaining about her! I love her to bits and just want her to be healthy and happy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What about paw licking? The vet says that could be a sign of allergies. Lexi is constantly licking at her paws. Anyone have any ideas/comments/suggestions? Poor girl, I feel like all I'm doing is complaining about her! I love her to bits and just want her to be healthy and happy.

yes... could be allergies. What are you feeding brand and protein?

OP
SLDaye

SLDaye

Nov 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi
We feed her Actr1um Holistic mainly.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.