Does your Adult Bully get a distemper shot??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I just called to get Vegas in to have his anal glands done and the receptionist told me it was time for his distemper shot. I was surprised since I thought this was a puppy shot. Vegas is 4.5 yrs old. Do you with adult Bully's still get this shot?? I have an apt. at 3 today and just wondering if it was another way to get $$ since he has not had this shot since he was a pup.

Last edited:

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi ,I got my Bully ,that shot and 5 months ,he was gone . After the shot if he is walking like he had a few drinks . I took him into the vet agian a week later ,and they said he had a tumor,but it was funny ,he was fine before he had the shot. If you get the shot make sure the dose has not expired .

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
If you like I could call my vet and ask him....

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just called to get Vegas in to have his anal glands done and the receptionist told me it was time for his distemper shot. I was surprised since I thought this was a puppy shot. Vegas is 4.5 yrs old. Do you with adult Bully's still get this shot?? I have an apt. at 3 today and just wondering if it was another way to get $$ since he has not had this shot since he was a pup.

Yes Buster just had his. I saw a thing on distemper and it scared the heLL outta me. I know a bunch of people don't care for shots but imho it's a good thing.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Yes...Dudley gets his! I had a friend who lost her dog to distemper...it was terrible.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes, both Bulldozer and Blossom get this shot. They get it as a puppy, but they have to have booster shots to keep them up to date.

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
Yes they have to have it every year. It's a distemper / parvovirus vaccine. When they get older some states do a 3 year but otherwise it's given once yearly with there yearly vaccines. I work at a vet clinic. Stay away from Lepto vaccine with bulldogs though.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes they have to have it every year. It's a distemper / parvovirus vaccine. When they get older some states do a 3 year but otherwise it's given once yearly with there yearly vaccines. I work at a vet clinic. Stay away from Lepto vaccine with bulldogs though.

Whats Lepto vaccine?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes - it is part of the life time shots.... they vary as to when you get them... 1, 2 or 3 yr shot.

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
Leptospirosis is caused from rats. It's a rodent virus. Look it up. A lot of places give this vaccine but don't require it. It has a lot if side effects.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Yes mine got it at their last checkup

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Distemper is a normal vaccine though- you can always have a titer test done if you don't want to vaccinate.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My dogs have always gotten distemper... we've never had a vaccine issue though!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online