Kooper: skin still horrible and runny stool!

DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
So after two weeks of being on BB wilderness, Koopers skin has only gotten worse even with steady treatments. Also his stool is runny, i honestly do not think it should be runny after a week on JUST BB. Last night i decided to switch his food to Royal Canin, which im very skeptical. I really want to use Fromm. I have heard nothing but good about this product. Im gonna take the RC back to petco and try to find Fromm. Any suggestions for where to find it in So Cal??
DSC01587.jpg
DSC01591.jpg
DSC01592.jpg
DSC01590.jpg
DSC01589.jpg

These arent even recent pictures, as of today they are way worse. :-(he is getting more patches of hair missing and its moving down his legs. Im so worried about him!! any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Oh my goodness! Poor baby! You can order Fromm Online from Petflow! Has he been seen by the vet at all to confirm this is a food allergy?? It almost looks like he could have some kind of infection! I am sure others will be along shortly with more advice, good luck! I hope you find a cure for him soon!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Ummm, I'm agreeing w/Lauren, this looks like infection (staff?), I'd take him in.

Not normally a fan of antibiotics but sometimes they're needed. Just because BB
is a good food does not mean that it's good for him, what is the protein source?

Poor 'lil man...I feel for him and I know you are just worried sick, take him in, Hon.
He needs relief, asap...probably steroids too...he will be hyper & thirstier so be
prepared, he'll pant more too. Always taper off steroids slowly.

Let us know, I'll be praying, sending love & comfort!
:assurred:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
those red spots look almost exactly like what chum had on his head..The vet said it was pyoderma and gave him an antibiotic which didn't really work. then he put hm on steroids for a week. They went away after a few weeks but im not sure exactly what caused them. The vet thought it was food or environmental allergy but I still thought it was a reaction to his rabies shot...either way good thing Koopers going to the vet! Keep us posted!

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Poor Kooper!!! He definetely needs to go back to the vet, poor baby. Maybe start looking into ways to boost his immune system on top of the food switch. I think just about anything is better than RC.. I hope you baby is feeling better soon. I would be having heart failure!!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I am glad he is going to the vet!! I hope they have some answers for you, the poor little guy and you must be a wreck! Please keep us posted and let us know what happens!! :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would take him to he vet, that looks pretty bad. Try the FROMM Pork and Peas, ours are doing well on it.

BLTsDaddy

Aug 13, 2013
Mesa AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Truman
Poor Kooper. It is difficult to tell from the pictures but one of our dogs had mites when he was younger which caused spots and loss of hair. His spots were not that large, so I may be way off base, but talk to your vet when you take Kooper in. It is a quick and simple test and you will know one way or the other in just a few minutes. I sure hope Kooper gets better soon!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor Kooper!!! He definetely needs to go back to the vet, poor baby. Maybe start looking into ways to boost his immune system on top of the food switch. I think just about anything is better than RC.. I hope you baby is feeling better soon. I would be having heart failure!!

I had to go earlier but whatever he's dealing with, his immune system isn't functioning
as it should. He needs a good probiotic and it might take awhile to get his gut healthy.
I'd give coconut oil both internally and can rub on those areas too, it's anti microbial,
anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, anti fungal, etc. Start w/1 teasp stirred into food
daily for a couple weeks then up to 1 teasp each meal. You can buy at Walmart, it's
about $10-12 for 16 oz. Give him Kefir or unsweetened plain yogurt too, a dollop as
a topper on food or treat, midday or evening. Krill oil is great unless he's allergic to
salmon. I would try Fromms Pork n Peas even if you have to order it before I put him
back on RC (could have contributed to lowered immune system), let us know. GOD bless!

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
Oh, my... poor Kooper, and poor Kooper's Mommy... you must be worried sick! I would get him to the vet ASAP... it may not even be a food related problem. I always found with my Clyde, who had many medical issues in the course of his life, that the quicker I took him in to our vet, the better! With regard to the Fromms, it is a great food! I feed my Morgan Fromms and he LOVES it! The Fromms website has a locater service for their food... simply put in your zip code
and stores carrying Fromms will come up. You can order online, too, from Petflow. Please keep us updated on Kooper.
Oh, one other thing ~plain canned pumpkin (NOT the pie filling) is great for loose stools. Just add a tablespoon to every meal... they love it. Works like a charm :-)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness, Kooper looks bad! I would definitely get him to a vet soon! Please keep us posted...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'll be the broken record here but Kooper needs to see a vet badly. This is much more than a food issue here! :( I hope he gets some help from your vet soon! Let us know how it goes!

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
If you go to the Fromm website it has a store locator to tell which stores in your area sell it. You just enter your zip code. Good luck. We are in the process of switching over to Fromm. 2 days in, and she loves it.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Oh my that looks painful.... Poor Kooper :( Please keep us updated on what the vet says. It does look like an infection to me. Texas Carol gave you some great advise. Do start him on plain yogurt or kefir and fish oil. Also a capful of unfiltered apple cider finger (Braggs brand you can find in health food stores). Also try using a medicated shampoo like http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Chlorhe...?ie=UTF8&qid=1377569819&sr=8-2&keywords=douxo and do a final rinse with vinegar let sit for 5 mins and dry do not rinse. Hopefully Kooper will be feeling better soon.

I use Pork and Peas no grain from Fromms and order thru Petflow it has been great for my boys.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.