Kooper: skin still horrible and runny stool!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'd take him off the BB and put on bland diet that Lisa @desertskybulldogs
feeds her bullies, I believe it is in the recipes section of Forums.

Give him real canned pumpkin (not the pie mix) about a TBSP mixed in the
bland diet to firm his poo.

Not sure I already said this but coconut oil lightly applied to raw areas will
protect & heal, don't add to food yet as it initially can cause looser stools.
Later on, it's a great supplement to improve intestinal health.

Cover him with light T-shirt to protect his skin if he itches himself.

Let us know...GOD bless y'all...I'm praying!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
that almost looks like fungus with the black spots or maybe mange. in any case if this started with the bb food i would get him off it pronto and feed a bland diet or beef and brown rice or chicken and brown rice. i dont know the food history so kinda hard to say with that but if it did start with the food a limited diet would be in order. if this is food related i would also not be just feeding him this or that with regards to coconut oil and probiotics till you know what caused this. get to the vet and get the situation under control and find out what happened and then you can go from there with food and supplements. i found out with sarah even the smallest thing can cause a problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my goodness!! [MENTION=2952]DiXiE[/MENTION]cooper09 .... any update on your baby?

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Awww poor baby. Jagger is very sensitive to food and grass. He eats a version of the bland diet with supplements and oils. If I give him dog food his hair starts shedding and falling out, his hair thins badly and gets bald spot and he starts scratching like crazy. He also gets explosive diarrhea. Granted he is also allergic to grass and any shampoos with coloring or perfumes. My vet gave me temaril-p ( sorry not for sure how its spelled) its the only thing he can take that calms his skin and decreases the insane hair falling out. And he also take benadryl daily. When Jagger is 1 year old my vet has suggested a hypo allergenic dog food diet. Said this may help with a lot of the skin issue.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Hope Kooper is feeling better since his vet visit! From the pictures, I am sure he is in pain. Poor baby! Give us an update when you can! Give Kooper hugs from me and my boys!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.