Help Needed! Crusty bumps in cluster under hair

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
We have been going back and forth on whether Sherman has a nerve problem because of his sudden sitting down, jumping up, and biting and his foot to get to his back side. Now we have been to the vet with a large cluster of irritated bumps under his fur and above his tail pocket. They were bleeding and painful and itchy. Not fleas. Doc did antibiotic shot and a steroid shot but he's not better. Any thoughts?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have been going back and forth on whether Sherman has a nerve problem because of his sudden sitting down, jumping up, and biting and his foot to get to his back side. Now we have been to the vet with a large cluster of irritated bumps under his fur and above his tail pocket. They were bleeding and painful and itchy. Not fleas. Doc did antibiotic shot and a steroid shot but he's not better. Any thoughts?

Did the vet recommend washing that area or ointment for it? When did he see the Doc?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Can you post pictures? I'd like to see if I recognize it. Thank you

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
its hard to say really without pics. did they give you anything to put on it? perhaps a bath and some neosporin since we dont know what it is. if the anti biotic and steroid are not helping makes you think its not an allergy to something. did they do a scaping of the spots to see what it was? if he is not better in a few days i would think another visit is in order. my boston used to do that and had some bumps there with dry fur but he has allergies to his food and once i changed food he is not doing that anymore.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

any update or pictures?

Members online

No members online now.