OP
i love my bully

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson
ok look if he was doing good on the rc and then got this way on the bb then get him off this food and back on the rc as soon as you can. if you start seeing improvement when back on the rc then you know it was the food. ok heres the deal i think this grain free thing started with all those dogs getting sick and dying from the grains from china. contrary to popular opinion here bullies can eat chicken and they can also eat grains but grain free is probably better for them really and i would prefer that over grains if possible. my sarah is eating chicken and millet at this moment as she is allergic to everything else so sometimes grains can be a good thing if they are allergic to peas and potato and sweet potato. if you wish i can help you find another food other than rc since it seems to be causing a rash after you get him better. if you are not happy with your vet then another one would be in order for sure. i use duoxo pads and duoxo ps shampoo on sarah for her yeast. apple cidar vinegar is supposed to be good for yeast and can be applied with some water or straight to the fungus areas. it can also be put in the drinking water but i found mine would not drink it and mine did not do well with it but many here do. coconut oil is supposed to be good for this also and can be taken internally or applied to the spots. i would do any thing you try new one at at time as bullies can be sensitive to the littlest things.

I already took him off he blue buffalo. Hopefully we see a difference in his skin soon. I started giving him braag apple cider vinegar a few weeks ago too. I just put a splash of it in his water. I don't think he minds it. And I give him CO too. He loves it. I'm gonna look around for a niter food, hopefully I can find something that agrees with him soon

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
All the advice you have been given is great. I totally agree with the second opinion and possibly a different vet. Jagger had the same looking rash. His belly would get so bad his skin would actually peel :( my vet told me it was his food and most likely grass. Which he was exactly right. We have now discovered Jagger is allergic to everything under the sun :). Jagger now gets homemade food - prescription and OTC allergy medicine and frequent wipe downs after being outside. I was extremely lucky and the vet I have always gone to owns bulldogs and it very helpful.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.