Now Bailey is sick

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Zoey is fine and now Bailey is sick. They haven't been outside except to do their duty. A month ago I gave Bailey Sentinal but since then we got a new vet that doesn't have Sentinal and he gave us 2 puppy packs on our first visit with Bailey and Zoey. The puppy packs included heartgard. So this morning after breakfast I gave Bailey her Heartgaurd. After lunch I gave Zoey her dose of heartgard.

Bailey started getting sick 10 hours later, Dhiarea and throwing up just some dogfood. I fed them their supper (a light supper for Bailey). And shortly after Bailey threw up. I took her out and she had a ver liquid dhiarea. Back inside she threw up. Drank a lot of water and threw up again.

We gave her Kaopectate some where in between the water and throwing up and she threw the pink stuff up with more dogfood.

We have gotten her to drink several more times, not to much water at a time but she is holding that down. Took her out 1/2 hour ago, she had just a very small amount of dhiarea.

Back inside she drank a little and played a little chewing on a toy. Now she is lying down and looking a little better.

I figure it was the heartgard so next Heatworm med will be back to Sentinal.

Been about 8 hours since Zoey got her heartgard and she is doing fine. But Bailey was also till about 10 hours after her meds. They were playing tug-o-war and everything.

Now they are playing rowdy again. Hope that means she is going to be fine.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I don't know what to say, I've always used Heartguard and never had any issues, sorry things aren't working as well for you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tom, I think it's a very good sign...saying prayers on her behalf that all will
be well asap. Sending you & wife big hugs, dear friend! Let us know...GOD bless!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor Bailey. I hope she bounces back quickly. I've always used Heartguard with Dudley...but they are all different!

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Tom, I think it's a very good sign...saying prayers on her behalf that all will
be well asap. Sending you & wife big hugs, dear friend! Let us know...GOD bless!

Thanks Hon. She ate a small portion of cottage cheese about 1 hour ago so she also got another small dose of Kaopectate. So far holding that down and acting normal.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So sorry... I hope Bailey feels better soon! I have always used Heartgard w/no problems...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, so sorry you and Bailey are going through this, I hope she is at the tail end of this and is feeling better and back to her old self soon. I'm not familiar with either Sentinel, or Heartgard. We use Revolution for our guys and have never had a problem with any side effects or sickness after. We use it from May to October, and it covers fleas, ticks, and Heartworm.

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Thanks everyone. Bailey seems fine, she slept through the night (no puking) and ate a small breakfast but no pooh yet.

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Normal :poo: I think Bailey was as excited as me, she took off running, actually prancing all the way back to the house. Yeah!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that Bailey is on the mend!!! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Normal :poo: I think Bailey was as excited as me, she took off running, actually prancing all the way back to the house. Yeah!

So happy she is back to normal..... :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.