Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Heat Cycle

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yoshi, Serenity, Cornbread, SunnyMae and Sugar
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: First Heat Cycle

Our Sunny is 9 months and just started bleeding for her first heat. For the last week or two prior she kept humping all other females and licking them. We have a female who is still lactating...she keeps trying to nurse on her! Guess her hormones are going bonkers! Its actually kinda funny cuz she's bigger than the lactating momma who is 4 years old. Anyhow, we've never experienced vomiting from heats in any of ours. Definitely keep an eye on her. Our 4 year old's heat before last was almost 5 weeks of some spotting. Each female is different but will most likely bleed for at least 2 weeks, minimum. Watch those two extremely carefully for even the two weeks after bleeding has stopped!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yoshi, Serenity, Cornbread, SunnyMae and Sugar
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chikou View Post
    My princess is going through her first heaet cycle too, she doesnt want to do much except stay in her crate and sleep it off, except when she eating. I dont put diapers on her but should I? lolz i have been basically wiping down her crate because and washing it down over and over lolz. But i am starting to think daiper maybe a good alternative.
    If you decide to use diapers, do so with caution. While they come in handy, if its not changed often and even if it is, you can run a higher risk of a UTI and tail pocket issues from being enclosed (heat and moisture)...increased bacteria breeding grounds :-)

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Females heat cycles usually are about 3 wks./21 days. approx the 9th day is when they start being the most fertile, and they will swell. But be careful when you think it's over-do not let her around full males. I once had a dog, who got bred after I though her heat was over. It would be good to give her a bath, when her cycle is over, also.She will smell better! Some females will ge very "emotional" when they are in heat!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads