Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Hi Everyone.

First I want to say thank you! thank you! thank you :thanks: especially @pdolphin27, @Scueva, @sheshistory, @Davidh, @desertskybulldogs, @Vikinggirl, @Sherry. As soon as I read your posts on my other thread I got Fergus in the car and went to the vet. The vet took a chest xray and there was fluid in his lungs with a compromised trachea. He said if I had waited till tomorrow his pneumonia would have been a lot worse :*( because I got him in when I did he should be good as new once they clear his lungs. He is staying overnight at the vet hospital hopefully if everything goes well he will be home tomorrow. Please say a prayer for Fergus he looked so sad when I left him there :cry:.

I had a mini breakdown when I was there and felt like I failed as a bully mama. I might have waited like I originally planned until tomorrow while my baby was getting sicker thinking I could treat him like my other dog who hasnt had any serious health issues in 6 yrs.

To every bullie owner Kennel Cough is nothing to mess with. Fergus just started coughing last night and today he has pneumonia. Take them to the vet as soon as they start coughing.

Thank you again
Ashley

Omg! I totally missed this! I hope he is feeling better soon! Keep us posted we are praying for him Loki sends lots of kisses to his twin :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Difficult to do without him but good on your Vet for being cautious (and caring).

It is more dangerous that people understand (for humans too) and especially for
bullies.

Ashley, no kidding, you did an excellent job, Fergus is lucky to have YOU as Mom.

He'll be overjoyed when he comes home and feeling so much better...GOD bless!

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thank everyone! I am counting the hours until I pick him up :) and hug his fuzzy butt lol.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Ashley you are a great mum dont be hard on yourself x
Im sorry but somehow i miss the thread -i wish your babies a speedy recovery xxxx

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Yay he got released today from the vet and is at work with me :luv: He is tired but playful. Hopefully he is a good boy today since he is really not supposed to be here lol. Here are some pictures Fergus.jpgfurry .jpg

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yay he got released today from the vet and is at work with me :luv: He is tired but playful. Hopefully he is a good boy today since he is really not supposed to be here lol. Here are some pictures View attachment 53448View attachment 53449

Yay!

What is his prognosis? Is he going to have to go back in for a follow up? Is he on anything now?

Poor fella...I'm glad he's back home with his momma. I am sure he is too! :)

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Yay!

What is his prognosis? Is he going to have to go back in for a follow up? Is he on anything now?

Poor fella...I'm glad he's back home with his momma. I am sure he is too! :)

When I went in to pick up Fergus the vet gave me a hug and said Fergus was going to be fine. He told me to run the shower and let him breath the steam for 10 mins 3 times a day. The list of meds are Amoxicillen 2X a day, Baytril 1X a day, Temaril 2 tablets 2X a day, and cough tablets every 8 hrs, also a nose and eye drop neo/polymycin 1 drop 2X a day. I have to take him in for a follow up appointment in 7 days.

He officially has more meds then me and my husband combined.. All I can say is thank god for pet insurance.
:whew:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Poor little guy--and you! There's no way you failed as a bully mama! You were awesome in getting him help as soon as possible. Hugs and smooches to you and Fergus! :heart:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When I went in to pick up Fergus the vet gave me a hug and said Fergus was going to be fine. He told me to run the shower and let him breath the steam for 10 mins 3 times a day. The list of meds are Amoxicillen 2X a day, Baytril 1X a day, Temaril 2 tablets 2X a day, and cough tablets every 8 hrs, also a nose and eye drop neo/polymycin 1 drop 2X a day. I have to take him in for a follow up appointment in 7 days.

He officially has more meds then me and my husband combined.. All I can say is thank god for pet insurance.
:whew:

Yes!!! Comes in handy right around now!! :yes: Good to hear he's going to be all good.

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thank you everyone for all the prayers and support. My baby might have been so much worse if it wasnt for the members here who cared enough to voice their thoughts and opinions to help each other.:angelheart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Checking in on Fergus...so wonderful to find he's home with Momma!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ashley, I'm so happy to hear that Fergus is on the road to recovery!! Please give him a big hug and a kiss from the boys and me. :angelheart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online