Help Needed! Update Fergus has Pneumonia

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You were just thinking things through and looking at all your options, thats a good thing. I too hate to put my guys on meds too, but in this case, a cough, it's a good thing to get x-rays and go from there. so I :clap2: you for seeking out help, suggestions ,and going with you gut in the end . You did good mama :yes: hope he can come home for the weekend and gets lots of rest.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so glad you brought Fergus to the vet. He is going to be home real soon causing all the havoc he did before he didn't feel good. The people on this forum are the best most caring people I have ever encountered. There is never any BS just straight forward advice and help. The day I found you guys was a win for me and Brutus. I'm sure everyone else on here feels the same way.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor Fergus, I'll be praying for him and you. get better soon Fergus!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sending love and prayers your way >HUGS< Kennel cough is nothing to mess with Sheldon and Gigi had it when we got them and took them to the vet. We took them to the vet the day after we got them to have them checked over and that vet was so blase about them we felt like they didn't care so we changed vets.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
[MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] Like everyone has already said, you are the perfect bully mom. First of all you noticed a problem (big), identified the problem, used resources available (us) and took action. You did not ignore it or put it off. Dont doubt yourself!! I missed a UTI with Miss BErtha (long story) and feel guilt about it still so I feel what you are saying but you did good!!:clap::clap:

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Talked to the vet. Fergus is doing better but he wants to keep him for another night :(. The vet said he wouldnt eat until they started hand feeding him this morning which is strange since he loves to eat. I was told I should be able to pick him up in the morning. I will make sure to update. I plan on taking him to work with me tomorrow. I cant wait to pick him up and kiss his squishy face.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Talked to the vet. Fergus is doing better but he wants to keep him for another night :(. The vet said he wouldnt eat until they started hand feeding him this morning which is strange since he loves to eat. I was told I should be able to pick him up in the morning. I will make sure to update. I plan on taking him to work with me tomorrow. I cant wait to pick him up and kiss his squishy face.

I'm glad Fergus is doing better... hopefully he will start feeling like his ol' self again soon!!! :rundog:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Sorry he has to stay another night, awesome he's getting better though. :) And he gets to go to work with mom tomorrow! He'll :heart::heart::heart: THAT! Butt wiggles galore!

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Sorry he has to stay another night, awesome he's getting better though. :) And he gets to go to work with mom tomorrow! He'll :heart::heart::heart: THAT! Butt wiggles galore!

Thanks I cant wait to see him :luv:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

So glad he is doing better, and please keep us updated!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Fergus is in the right place to get what he needs. You'll miss your boy tonight, but you can get him home tomorrow and spoil him even more. AND YOU ARE NOT A BAD BULLY MOMMY! You listened to the advice you got and you moved on it quickly...that's all you can do! Hugs from me and Dudley to you and Fergus!:pray2::hug:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

Sorry I missed the original post but I am THRILLED that you listened to your gut and he is getting treatment. Good job mama! :clap2:

I wouldn't worry about him not eating. He's in a strange place full of strange people and he is missing you something awful. He'll eat once he gets home tomorrow. Get some sleep tonight. Something tells me that Fergus will be hogging the entire bed tomorrow night :)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
So glad to hear Fergus is doing better! Sounds like quite an ordeal you've been through but great to know you'll be hugging him tomorrow morning!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.