Help Needed! Update Fergus has Pneumonia

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hi Everyone.

First I want to say thank you! thank you! thank you :thanks: especially @pdolphin27, @Scueva, @sheshistory, @Davidh, @desertskybulldogs, @Vikinggirl, @Sherry. As soon as I read your posts on my other thread I got Fergus in the car and went to the vet. The vet took a chest xray and there was fluid in his lungs with a compromised trachea. He said if I had waited till tomorrow his pneumonia would have been a lot worse :*( because I got him in when I did he should be good as new once they clear his lungs. He is staying overnight at the vet hospital hopefully if everything goes well he will be home tomorrow. Please say a prayer for Fergus he looked so sad when I left him there :cry:.

I had a mini breakdown when I was there and felt like I failed as a bully mama. I might have waited like I originally planned until tomorrow while my baby was getting sicker thinking I could treat him like my other dog who hasnt had any serious health issues in 6 yrs.

To every bullie owner Kennel Cough is nothing to mess with. Fergus just started coughing last night and today he has pneumonia. Take them to the vet as soon as they start coughing.

Thank you again
Ashley

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: to you and Ferguson.... Prayers for a quick recovery!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry::angelheart:Hi, first hugs, hugs, and more hugs your way, you're not a bad bully mama, or a failure. You asked for advice regarding kennel cough, and you listened to your heart, and made the decision to take him to the vet. We all love our babies, and do our best to do what's right, and what's best for them, but we are only human, and you couldn't have known he had pneumonia. It's hard to see our guys hurting, sick or in pain, and it's even harder when we have to leave them behind at the vet when they are sick. He's in the right place and where he needs to be right now to start antibiotics and treatment to get better. Once the antibiotics kick in, he'll start to feel better, and he'll be home before you know it. Try not to worry too much, I know easier said than done, but he's in a safe place. You'll miss him like crazy tonight, but hopefully he'll be back home tomorrow. Sending huge hugs, love, and prayers that he starts to get better tomorrow and comes home. I'll be thinking about him and praying for Fergus. Take care Hun, he'll be okay.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh no... I'm so sorry!!! Sending prayers to you & Fergus...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Sorry to hear that- thankfully you took him in- this community is awesome.

Yes I just think if I had not posted and asked for advise Fergus could have been so much sicker... I love this forum and everyone in it :angelheart:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
OH MY GOSH!

Thank YOU [MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] for identifying a problem, asking questions, and acting on advice to care for your baby Fergus - he cannot ask for a better momma than that!

I am SO glad you brought him to the vet and will be waiting for word on his condition...big hugs for a speedy recovery! :pray:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Everyone.

First I want to say thank you! thank you! thank you :thanks: especially @pdolphin27, @Scueva, @sheshistory, @Davidh, @desertskybulldogs, @Vikinggirl, @Sherry. As soon as I read your posts on my other thread I got Fergus in the car and went to the vet. The vet took a chest xray and there was fluid in his lungs with a compromised trachea. He said if I had waited till tomorrow his pneumonia would have been a lot worse :*( because I got him in when I did he should be good as new once they clear his lungs. He is staying overnight at the vet hospital hopefully if everything goes well he will be home tomorrow. Please say a prayer for Fergus he looked so sad when I left him there :cry:.

I had a mini breakdown when I was there and felt like I failed as a bully mama. I might have waited like I originally planned until tomorrow while my baby was getting sicker thinking I could treat him like my other dog who hasnt had any serious health issues in 6 yrs.

To every bullie owner Kennel Cough is nothing to mess with. Fergus just started coughing last night and today he has pneumonia. Take them to the vet as soon as they start coughing.

Thank you again
Ashley

Ash, it shows and proves you're a great Mommy for taking him like you did. :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:sorry::angelheart:Hi, first hugs, hugs, and more hugs your way, you're not a bad bully mama, or a failure. You asked for advice regarding kennel cough, and you listened to your heart, and made the decision to take him to the vet. We all love our babies, and do our best to do what's right, and what's best for them, but we are only human, and you couldn't have known he had pneumonia. It's hard to see our guys hurting, sick or in pain, and it's even harder when we have to leave them behind at the vet when they are sick. He's in the right place and where he needs to be right now to start antibiotics and treatment to get better. Once the antibiotics kick in, he'll start to feel better, and he'll be home before you know it. Try not to worry too much, I know easier said than done, but he's in a safe place. You'll miss him like crazy tonight, but hopefully he'll be back home tomorrow. Sending huge hugs, love, and prayers that he starts to get better tomorrow and comes home. I'll be thinking about him and praying for Fergus. Take care Hun, he'll be okay.

Please listen to Monica's wise & true words, please don't blame yourself.

This is not your fault and because you ARE a great Mom, you took him in
and he is going to be fine as a result of your care & love for him.

Life happens, Hun...look forward, not backwards & be thankful!

Sorry I missed the thread and knew none of this, so shocking & scary!

Praying for quick & complete recovery for dear Fergie, sending you LOVE!

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thank you everyone for your kind words and :pray2:. [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] your posts are always so inspirational and uplifting thank you :flower:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm so glad you took him in... Agree with everyone above! You took him to the vet right away, excellent bully mama!! So glad he's going to be on the mend now, I'll be thinking of you all and sending prayers. :grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy you took him in today, and he is going to be OK. You are a good bully mama, so don't be so hard on yourself. We will keep him in our prayers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online