Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi guys ,we just came back from the vets -and Lily had her bottom (under eyelid kind of thing) stitches removed in a right eye -they are fairy positive that op didn't fail it just healing slower -lets hope shes right ;-)
She got sone exes skin underneath eyelid that i think was over tightened with a stitch but it should go down to
She also got anti inflammatory jab for her sickness now both of girls are cuddled up to dad and sleeping ;-)
Thank you again for all your kind words and support -you guys rock! Xxx

Hi Pati-

I've been following Lily's cherry eye progress since you first started this thread a month ago. My boy, Blue, needed it done as well (his surgery was yesterday and so far, so good!)
Very glad to hear that that they don't think the procedure failed, and it's only taking it's time healing.

The last pics you posted look way better than the first ones. You can see she's doing much better.

Please keep us updated on her progress.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Hi guys ,we just came back from the vets -and Lily had her bottom (under eyelid kind of thing) stitches removed in a right eye -they are fairy positive that op didn't fail it just healing slower -lets hope shes right ;-)
She got sone exes skin underneath eyelid that i think was over tightened with a stitch but it should go down to
She also got anti inflammatory jab for her sickness now both of girls are cuddled up to dad and sleeping ;-)
Thank you again for all your kind words and support -you guys rock! Xxx

Yay!!!! :happydance:So glad Lily is doing better, her eyes look awesome!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thank you xx
I will keep updating until they are fully healed! I began to think this is never going to happen!! Its now over a months and i cant see any more progress
Does anyone had a bully after cherry op that took so long to heal??
I wish Blue speedy recovery xxx how old is he now? And at what age his cherry eye popped out? Xxx (sorry i got memory of a goldfish lately -too much on my head xx)

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
I don't know how I missed all these post about Lilly's cherry eye but so glad she is healing. Sorry you and Lilly had to go through all of this. Hope she heals up completely with no need of any further surgeries. Thoughts and prayers from Missouri. Our little Zoey is scheduled for her cherry eye repair (Tuck) Friday, 3 days away.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't know how I missed all these post about Lilly's cherry eye but so glad she is healing. Sorry you and Lilly had to go through all of this. Hope she heals up completely with no need of any further surgeries. Thoughts and prayers from Missouri. Our little Zoey is scheduled for her cherry eye repair (Tuck) Friday, 3 days away.

Aww xxx i hope Zoey op goes well xx
How old is she? Our vet recommend waiting till Lily was 4-5 months old as the risk of "putting them under" (sorry cant remember how to write this word lol) is greater when they are younger x

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Been following this thread!! Glad to see that the swelling is finally going down. Such a pretty girl :heart:

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
She is only 3 and 1/2 months but she does weigh a little over 20 pounds.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
She is only 3 and 1/2 months but she does weigh a little over 20 pounds.

Aww bless her xxx hope the op will be a success xxx and please do keep is updated x (not sure if this was weight related issue , but that was what our vet advised us ,as cherry eye is not a life threatening thing xx
Does she have cherries in both eyes? As usually in a space of two weeks second cherry is more likely to pop out too xx

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Been following this thread!! Glad to see that the swelling is finally going down. Such a pretty girl :heart:

Thank you ;-) i hope and pray that she will fully heal up! It is doing my head in waiting for her eyes to look normal xxxx

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thank you xx
I will keep updating until they are fully healed! I began to think this is never going to happen!! Its now over a months and i cant see any more progress
Does anyone had a bully after cherry op that took so long to heal??
I wish Blue speedy recovery xxx how old is he now? And at what age his cherry eye popped out? Xxx (sorry i got memory of a goldfish lately -too much on my head xx)

I think the healing time varies with each bullie.

He's 9.5 months now. He was either 5 or 6 months when the first eye got it. But we were able to put it back in at first. By the time he got it in his second eye (a little over a month ago), it was coming out more and more so we decided to just get both
eyes done.
But, he also had his tonsils and saccules removed and he's on sedatives right now to keep him calm.

Are you taking Lily back to the vet so they can check on the progress? They should be able to tell if her eyes are fully healed or not.

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Aww bless her xxx hope the op will be a success xxx and please do keep is updated x (not sure if this was weight related issue , but that was what our vet advised us ,as cherry eye is not a life threatening thing xx
Does she have cherries in both eyes? As usually in a space of two weeks second cherry is more likely to pop out too xx

I will keep you updated. She only has cherry eye in her right eye, it popped out last wednesday (about a week ago). Thanks, I will mention this to the vet.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I think the healing time varies with each bullie.

He's 9.5 months now. He was either 5 or 6 months when the first eye got it. But we were able to put it back in at first. By the time he got it in his second eye (a little over a month ago), it was coming out more and more so we decided to just get both
eyes done.
But, he also had his tonsils and saccules removed and he's on sedatives right now to keep him calm.

Are you taking Lily back to the vet so they can check on the progress? They should be able to tell if her eyes are fully healed or not.

Atm vet told me she hope she wont see lily until her next booster jab,and she will miss her ;-)
But also advised that if i think anything is not right to contact her -shes brilliant and owned bullies all her life x
Besides her cherry (after Shy clawed her face !!!-she does that when she dont know how to play with a puppies or small dogs" ,everything seem to be ok -they give her a check for her nose and pallet etc while she was under xx

Hows Blue doing?? Xxx

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I will keep you updated. She only has cherry eye in her right eye, it popped out last wednesday (about a week ago). Thanks, I will mention this to the vet.

Thank you o appreciate that xx its not 100% that the cherry pop in in other eye but it is quite common x( lets hope it wont! Xx)

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Poor lilly, hope all is cleared up very soon, bella had surgery one one of her eyes, one week it was like it was never there!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Atm vet told me she hope she wont see lily until her next booster jab,and she will miss her ;-)
But also advised that if i think anything is not right to contact her -shes brilliant and owned bullies all her life x
Besides her cherry (after Shy clawed her face !!!-she does that when she dont know how to play with a puppies or small dogs" ,everything seem to be ok -they give her a check for her nose and pallet etc while she was under xx

Hows Blue doing?? Xxx

He's doing good now that he's home...lol.. Thank you for asking.

It's great that she doesn't need anything done!! Those are the best words you can hear when it comes to bullies..lol.
But don't wait until her next set of shots to get her eyes checked if you feel they're not getting better.

Give Lily a big smooch from me and Blue :D.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.