ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi everyone
We just came back from the vets -Lilys stitches where pulled out by a vet -she thinks Lily's right eye might be ok ,she isn't sure about the left one as it looks like cherry is a little bit out but not fully -we got another appointment in 2 weeks time -vet thinks that the swelling (redness) should go down soon -lets hope so -im keeping my finders crossed so she wont have to have her op at all ,she check the eyes for any sign of damage but it all looks ok - she put done dye in her eye -and we got multicoloured dog again ;-))
We weighted her and she currently weights 28,4 lbs as today shes 5 months
For now i got nothing to report ;-)
I hope that Lily heals up, and that she won't have to have another surgery!!! Paws crossed... LOL :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's great news Pati, hoping that Lily doesn't need to have more surgery, love and hugs and prayers always for you both. I'm crossing everything for you that all is fine. Keep us posted Hun.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thank you everyone xx
Forgot to mention that seeing how vet handled her stitches and "amount of eye that was visible and blood" -i almost passed out!! I was so embarrassed -vet was holding Lily while i had a little sit down lol
Her eyes look like this now
atyne9y7.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone xx
Forgot to mention that seeing how vet handled her stitches and "amount of eye that was visible and blood" -i almost passed out!! I was so embarrassed -vet was holding Lily while i had a little sit down lol
Her eyes look like this now
atyne9y7.jpg

What a sweet little face.... kisses,kisses,and more kisses! Pati, don't be embarrassed that you felt weak, I would have not made it to the chair, the floor yes, but not the chair! I hope Lily helps us quickly and the other eye takes care of itself

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you xx i hope her eyes heal quickly :-( xxxembarrassed as im planning to learn to be in an ambulance crew(to give something back) -sadly when i saw all that i turned my guts ;-)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you xx i hope her eyes heal quickly :-( xxxembarrassed as im planning to learn to be in an ambulance crew(to give something back) -sadly when i saw all that i turned my guts ;-)
Honestly I think it has to do w/seeing your loved one get hurt... I almost LOST it when my son cut his hand open badly years ago. Thank God my hubby was home, and he was calm as a cucumber. :ohmy:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Day 25 since lily had her op -it seem like her healing takes forever more than 25 days thats for sure ! Now i can see a difference ;-) her right eye still look dodgy but i think if we give it time that bit of cherry that is showing might actually stay in ( lets hope that bottom stitch under her skin did dissolve (otherwise i will half faint again lol)
So to compare here is the day 2 vs 25
nubu4e3u.jpg

And day 16 vs 25
u4e4utyp.jpg

Last edited:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pati that looks so much better!!! I think her right eye looks good, but it's hard to tell in photos. She has no tear staining, so pure white... good job Momma!!! :D

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Pati that looks so much better!!! I think her right eye looks good, but it's hard to tell in photos. She has no tear staining, so pure white... good job Momma!!! :D

Thank you xxx
No tear stainig? Momma is cleaning her like mad! What i cant get rid of is the bloody green dye that now faded now to yellow! And stuck to her folds lol
I know i should have taken proper pictures of right eye before to compare! ;-( i need to start taking them daily xxx

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you xxx
No tear stainig? Momma is cleaning her like mad! What i cant get rid of is the bloody green dye that now faded now to yellow! And stuck to her folds lol
I know i should have taken proper pictures of right eye before to compare! ;-( i need to start taking them daily xxx
I'm almost afraid to ask how she got the green dye... LOL :eek:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol this was the way i like to express myself through art on my dogs lol -no all jokes aside - it was a dye that vet put in her eye on last two visits to check if she haven't had any damage to the eye or corneal ulcer (if it was it would turn blue) we where calling her a traffic dog as this green dye turn orange on stitches and goes well with her swollen red eyes ;-)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol this was the way i like to express myself through art on my dogs lol -no all jokes aside - it was a dye that vet put in her eye on last two visits to check if she haven't had any damage to the eye or corneal ulcer (if it was it would turn blue) we where calling her a traffic dog as this green dye turn orange on stitches and goes well with her swollen red eyes ;-)
:rofl:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi guys ,we just came back from the vets -and Lily had her bottom (under eyelid kind of thing) stitches removed in a right eye -they are fairy positive that op didn't fail it just healing slower -lets hope shes right ;-)
She got sone exes skin underneath eyelid that i think was over tightened with a stitch but it should go down to
She also got anti inflammatory jab for her sickness now both of girls are cuddled up to dad and sleeping ;-)
Thank you again for all your kind words and support -you guys rock! Xxx

Most Reactions