Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I would take her back to the vet, and have her eyes checked. When Blossom had her cherry eyes repaired, our vet wanted to see her back 5 days after surgery for a post op checkup, she had been given enough antibiotic drops and a cream for her eye for the 5 days, and then after she checked her eye, she gave us more drops and cream to continue applying to her eye. You mentioned that your vet wanted to see her 2 weeks after her surgery? That seems like a long time to wait to check her eye. And since you have doubts regarding how it is healing, and you think one of her eyes may have lost the stitches, I would take her back to your vet just to have it checked to make sure everything is healing as it should, plus for your peace of mind. Please keep us updated. Sending lots of hugs and kisses to you and Lily.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
yes that the stitching :(
we are planning to ee a vet tomorrow and if they are fully booked the day after to discuss the plan of action
all i can say that Lily fit well in Robins family - she ha as much bad luck a we have xxxx

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
my only concern is that we have to put her through another op yet again :( she did done great after an op -first time i saw a dog so full of life after an anesthetic :w00t:
if i had a choice i would have them removed as they are responsible only fr 30% of tear production and not many dogs suffer from dry eye
once i know something i will post an update thanks again EBN - what i would do without you lot :heartsign::heartsign::heartsign:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
hi guys i got an update - right eye failed , left one - vet isnt sure - it look kind of ok , but she said to give it time and wait few week to make sure thi will not pop out - we have some eye drops with steroids and antibiotics :yes: , and vet checked her eyes if she dont have any scratches or infections by putting some kind of orange "dye" in her eyes- its all ok - currently he looks like a traffic dog -red , with orange dye that turned green in places :w00t:
we will see a vet on the 6th of September and book another operation - let pray that we will be lucky this time

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very sorry to hear this, Pati...Hubby & I didn't have the best luck either!

Continued prayers over her eyes being fine and upcoming surgery for failed one.

Sending you MUCH LOVE...you are a brave, strong & great WOMAN, I bow to you!
:bow:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelheart:Aww poor baby, sorry she has to go through another operation, but she will be fine Hun. When Blossom was 5 months old she developed cherry eye in her right eye, and I waited until she was 7 months old when I had her spayed, and repaired her eye at the same time, unfortunately a week after her first surgeries, her left eye came out, and it was pretty big. We had a second surgery a month later and had the left eye repaired as well. Blossom came through both surgeries very well, so don't worry, Lily will be fine.

Tanks Momma

Aug 29, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My 4 month old baby boy has cherry eye in both eyes and has to have surgery in both eyes:(.....Its 150.00 a eye so I can deal with that, I just don't want him to be in any pain

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
My 4 month old baby boy has cherry eye in both eyes and has to have surgery in both eyes:(.....Its 150.00 a eye so I can deal with that, I just don't want him to be in any pain

It didn't looks like lily was in any pain ,she didn't need a plastic collar to stop her from scratching and after we picked her up from. An op she was a happy self
Bare in mind that cherry eye tuck in op don't have huge success rate -our failed as you can see -but it doesn't need to happen to your dog xx
Keep us updated

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi guys , update - two weeks passes since Lilys op and eyes -well they still look wired -she got all red "skin/bits" still very visible (sorry im Polish cant remember how you call those things)im quite disappointed as i cant really see much progress apart from the fact that one stitch from right eye was licked out by shy -it was hanging out from her eye anyway Left eye still got the swollen red area -poor Lily it is my fault that i didnt ask vet to remove it now she got to have another op and i hope her eye will go back to normal and not be so red and "low" like it is now ;-( , we got vets appointment booked on the 6th so hopefully we can book another op soon
e2u3a5u6.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like they may need to untuck them before removing. Bummer! Sorry she has to go through another surgery Pati. Hopefully it will be a success the second time. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im planning to ask them to remove both cherries rather than risking it the one that supposed to be ok popping out and having another op ;-(

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor Lily. Keep us updated on how things go. Harlea sends hugs and puppy kisses to Lily.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry::angelhug:So sorry the surgery wasn't successful Pati, and that Lily has to go through another surgery. Sending love, hugs and prayers that the second surgery goes well, and Lilly's eyes are repaired. I just want to tell you this is NOT your fault, you did what anyone of us would have done, we just want what's best for our babies, and we put them and our trust in our vets. There is always a risk with any surgery, even for us humans. We do our best for them and there is no way you could have known the outcome of the surgery. Cherry eye surgery has a risk of recurrence or failure, and I'm sure the second surgery of removing the third eyelid will be successful, and everything will work out. Please keep us posted, and let us know how Lily is doing.

Last edited:
OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi everyone
We just came back from the vets -Lilys stitches where pulled out by a vet -she thinks Lily's right eye might be ok ,she isn't sure about the left one as it looks like cherry is a little bit out but not fully -we got another appointment in 2 weeks time -vet thinks that the swelling (redness) should go down soon -lets hope so -im keeping my finders crossed so she wont have to have her op at all ,she check the eyes for any sign of damage but it all looks ok - she put done dye in her eye -and we got multicoloured dog again ;-))
We weighted her and she currently weights 28,4 lbs as today shes 5 months
For now i got nothing to report ;-)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.