Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Now im worried! ;-( and it is all my fault ;-( vet said it is normal ??? ;-(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Now im worried! ;-( and it is all my fault ;-( vet said it is normal ??? ;-(

According to my vet, Brutus had the worst case of cherry eye he had ever seen. Brutus had it in both eyes as well. Since it was so severe, there was a significant amount of swelling and redness. From the look of the repair, It looks like lily had big cherries as well. As I know you will be, be vigilant about putting in the antibiotic drops and the steriod ointment. It really helps. Good luck. By the way Brutus' eyes are beautiful now with no problems so you did the right thing. They will get better. I just wish the vets would warn about how scary it can look afterwards.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
According to my vet, Brutus had the worst case of cherry eye he had ever seen. Brutus had it in both eyes as well. Since it was so severe, there was a significant amount of swelling and redness. From the look of the repair, It looks like lily had big cherries as well. As I know you will be, be vigilant about putting in the antibiotic drops and the steriod ointment. It really helps. Good luck. By the way Brutus' eyes are beautiful now with no problems so you did the right thing. They will get better. I just wish the vets would warn about how scary it can look afterwards.
So the red lover eyelid is normal? Yes lily cherries got bigger over the few months she developed them at 10 weeks surgery done 3 days ago around 4,5 months
I did read up (thanks EBN) that they look bad after the surgery but each day passing i watch her like a eagle ;-) -and me being me -im freaking out

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So the red lover eyelid is normal? Yes lily cherries got bigger over the few months she developed them at 10 weeks surgery done 3 days ago around 4,5 months
I did read up (thanks EBN) that they look bad after the surgery but each day passing i watch her like a eagle ;-) -and me being me -im freaking out

When it comes to my boy I am a bit of a worrier also. It was normal for Brutus. It really took a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down and the eyes to look normal. I would watch her and as long as the swelling is a bit less each day without any goopy discharge I would be comfortable saying it is normal. I also did not have the cone of shame on Brutus. Just be careful Lily is not rubbing her eyes on anything. Brutus was good. Sometimes I think the cone makes things worse.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you xxxx
I need to get to see a vet as i don't like the look of her right eye -it looks like cherry is still there and all the swelling added to -lets hope im wrong
Vet only gave us 4 days worth of anti inflammatory drugs and an eye drops ( antibacterial ) that lili used since her cherry popped out ... But it doesn't look like shes in any pain , We are watching her closely and keel shy away from her eyes so she wont lick them x

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I hope Lily's eyes heal up soon!!! Poor baby...

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope Lily's eyes heal up soon!!! Poor baby...

Thank you xx
Looks like her right eye surgery failed -now im pretty sure about it
Left eye is still swollen but i think it is slowly going down
We have Holliday monday so tue i be down the vets screaming my face off over not enough anti-inflammatory drugs for lily ,especially after vet restitched one of her eyes higher -and i wasn't aware of it until a day later and book another op (if it did fail ) to remove the gland with NEW VET

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you get answers soon as something is obviously not right. Harlea send hugs and kisses to Lily.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So sorry, you're going through this, maybe it still is just swelling, but take her back to the vet and have it checked to make sure. Hopefully her one eye didn't fail, and it will heal over time. Keep us posted.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you xx
Looks like her right eye surgery failed -now im pretty sure about it
Left eye is still swollen but i think it is slowly going down
We have Holliday monday so tue i be down the vets screaming my face off over not enough anti-inflammatory drugs for lily ,especially after vet restitched one of her eyes higher -and i wasn't aware of it until a day later and book another op (if it did fail ) to remove the gland with NEW VET
Oh NO... I'm so sorry!!! I don't have any experience w/cherry eye, I'm sure you are frustrated. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on w/her right eye. Keep us posted!!!

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
I hope Lily gets better soon and you can can put the worry behind you :hug:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone xx
Just a quick update on day 5 post op
I thought this might be useful to sone members that are planning to do this op
Swelling on left eye red -near the bump is going down so its the right eye -cherry in right eye is out and stitches are lose i can clearly se when they untied
Pic 1 day 1 post op
Pic 2 day 5
zu5udeda.jpg

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The left eye looks a lot better to me, but is that the stitching in her right eye?!! Is that normal? I've never had to deal w/this... poor baby, hopefully this will work for her!!! :D

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby. It looks like the right eye might have failed. One of Brutus' eyes failed also. We had the lining removed from that one and thinned in the other. We tried hard not to have it removed but didn't have a choice. I hope she is better soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.