Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 131

Thread: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

  1. #61
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    Hi guys ,we just came back from the vets -and Lily had her bottom (under eyelid kind of thing) stitches removed in a right eye -they are fairy positive that op didn't fail it just healing slower -lets hope shes right ;-)
    She got sone exes skin underneath eyelid that i think was over tightened with a stitch but it should go down to
    She also got anti inflammatory jab for her sickness now both of girls are cuddled up to dad and sleeping ;-)
    Thank you again for all your kind words and support -you guys rock! Xxx
    Hi Pati-

    I've been following Lily's cherry eye progress since you first started this thread a month ago. My boy, Blue, needed it done as well (his surgery was yesterday and so far, so good!)
    Very glad to hear that that they don't think the procedure failed, and it's only taking it's time healing.

    The last pics you posted look way better than the first ones. You can see she's doing much better.

    Please keep us updated on her progress.


  2. #62
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Valentine215's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Kyle, TX
    Posts
    1,069
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    Hi guys ,we just came back from the vets -and Lily had her bottom (under eyelid kind of thing) stitches removed in a right eye -they are fairy positive that op didn't fail it just healing slower -lets hope shes right ;-)
    She got sone exes skin underneath eyelid that i think was over tightened with a stitch but it should go down to
    She also got anti inflammatory jab for her sickness now both of girls are cuddled up to dad and sleeping ;-)
    Thank you again for all your kind words and support -you guys rock! Xxx
    Yay!!!! So glad Lily is doing better, her eyes look awesome!

    RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

  3. #63
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Thank you xx
    I will keep updating until they are fully healed! I began to think this is never going to happen!! Its now over a months and i cant see any more progress
    Does anyone had a bully after cherry op that took so long to heal??
    I wish Blue speedy recovery xxx how old is he now? And at what age his cherry eye popped out? Xxx (sorry i got memory of a goldfish lately -too much on my head xx)
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  4. #64
    Dog Park Attendant TomVan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tom Vandiver
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    463
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey & Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    I don't know how I missed all these post about Lilly's cherry eye but so glad she is healing. Sorry you and Lilly had to go through all of this. Hope she heals up completely with no need of any further surgeries. Thoughts and prayers from Missouri. Our little Zoey is scheduled for her cherry eye repair (Tuck) Friday, 3 days away.
    Every once in a while a dog enters your life and changes everything.


  5. #65
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by TomVan View Post
    I don't know how I missed all these post about Lilly's cherry eye but so glad she is healing. Sorry you and Lilly had to go through all of this. Hope she heals up completely with no need of any further surgeries. Thoughts and prayers from Missouri. Our little Zoey is scheduled for her cherry eye repair (Tuck) Friday, 3 days away.
    Aww xxx i hope Zoey op goes well xx
    How old is she? Our vet recommend waiting till Lily was 4-5 months old as the risk of "putting them under" (sorry cant remember how to write this word lol) is greater when they are younger x
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  6. #66
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Been following this thread!! Glad to see that the swelling is finally going down. Such a pretty girl

  7. #67
    Dog Park Attendant TomVan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tom Vandiver
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    463
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey & Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    She is only 3 and 1/2 months but she does weigh a little over 20 pounds.
    Every once in a while a dog enters your life and changes everything.


  8. #68
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by TomVan View Post
    She is only 3 and 1/2 months but she does weigh a little over 20 pounds.
    Aww bless her xxx hope the op will be a success xxx and please do keep is updated x (not sure if this was weight related issue , but that was what our vet advised us ,as cherry eye is not a life threatening thing xx
    Does she have cherries in both eyes? As usually in a space of two weeks second cherry is more likely to pop out too xx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  9. #69
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Been following this thread!! Glad to see that the swelling is finally going down. Such a pretty girl
    Thank you ;-) i hope and pray that she will fully heal up! It is doing my head in waiting for her eyes to look normal xxxx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  10. #70
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    Thank you xx
    I will keep updating until they are fully healed! I began to think this is never going to happen!! Its now over a months and i cant see any more progress
    Does anyone had a bully after cherry op that took so long to heal??
    I wish Blue speedy recovery xxx how old is he now? And at what age his cherry eye popped out? Xxx (sorry i got memory of a goldfish lately -too much on my head xx)
    I think the healing time varies with each bullie.

    He's 9.5 months now. He was either 5 or 6 months when the first eye got it. But we were able to put it back in at first. By the time he got it in his second eye (a little over a month ago), it was coming out more and more so we decided to just get both
    eyes done.
    But, he also had his tonsils and saccules removed and he's on sedatives right now to keep him calm.

    Are you taking Lily back to the vet so they can check on the progress? They should be able to tell if her eyes are fully healed or not.


  11. #71
    Dog Park Attendant TomVan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tom Vandiver
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    463
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey & Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cherry eye post op -stitching visible

    Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    Aww bless her xxx hope the op will be a success xxx and please do keep is updated x (not sure if this was weight related issue , but that was what our vet advised us ,as cherry eye is not a life threatening thing xx
    Does she have cherries in both eyes? As usually in a space of two weeks second cherry is more likely to pop out too xx
    I will keep you updated. She only has cherry eye in her right eye, it popped out last wednesday (about a week ago). Thanks, I will mention this to the vet.
    Every once in a while a dog enters your life and changes everything.


  12. #72
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I think the healing time varies with each bullie.

    He's 9.5 months now. He was either 5 or 6 months when the first eye got it. But we were able to put it back in at first. By the time he got it in his second eye (a little over a month ago), it was coming out more and more so we decided to just get both
    eyes done.
    But, he also had his tonsils and saccules removed and he's on sedatives right now to keep him calm.

    Are you taking Lily back to the vet so they can check on the progress? They should be able to tell if her eyes are fully healed or not.
    Atm vet told me she hope she wont see lily until her next booster jab,and she will miss her ;-)
    But also advised that if i think anything is not right to contact her -shes brilliant and owned bullies all her life x
    Besides her cherry (after Shy clawed her face !!!-she does that when she dont know how to play with a puppies or small dogs" ,everything seem to be ok -they give her a check for her nose and pallet etc while she was under xx

    Hows Blue doing?? Xxx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •