Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi guys ,a bit of a strange question -Lily had her op yesterday as expected her eyes swell -but i can see stitching in one of her eyes .... Other one seem to look fine(i cant see nothing) is it normal? Or did the stitching come undone
I never had a dog cherry eye operated therefore im not sure

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am not sure. i would think that it one is not visible the other shouldn't be either but I have no experience with cherry eye so i do not know for sure. Sending hugs and kisses to Lily for a speedy recovery.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:havemyheart:Hi, Blossom had surgery at 7 months to repair cherry eye in both eyes as well, and she had swelling, and we had to put drops in her eyes post surgical, but Her stitches weren't visible, so not sure if it is normal or not. When did lily have her surgery, has she had her 1 week follow up appointment yet? If the surgery was done recently, then I would call your vet, and just ask them if this is anything to worry about, and they can tell you if it is or not, and if it's not, then you can bring her in for them to take a look to see what's going on with the eye. Please keep us posted. Hoping its normal and nothing to worry about, and sending love hugs and prayers for Lily for a quick recovery.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
:havemyheart:Hi, Blossom had surgery at 7 months to repair cherry eye in both eyes as well, and she had swelling, and we had to put drops in her eyes post surgical, but Her stitches weren't visible, so not sure if it is normal or not. When did lily have her surgery, has she had her 1 week follow up appointment yet? If the surgery was done recently, then I would call your vet, and just ask them if this is anything to worry about, and they can tell you if it is or not, and if it's not, then you can bring her in for them to take a look to see what's going on with the eye. Please keep us posted. Hoping its normal and nothing to worry about, and sending love hugs and prayers for Lily for a quick recovery.
hi thank you for your aanswer -Lily had her op yeterday o far she i not cratching haking or looking like he in any kind of dicomfrt , we got eye drops with antibiotics and anti inflammation tablets for her - i only noticed it today after a morning clean up as poor girls eyes where o dirty -i only "tap" the dirt rather than wiping it away - apparently she got dissolve able stitches (i couldn't walk in when we dropped her a i had to stay with my daughter who tarted crying that "lily i going to heaven" )
he got her firt post op apointment in 2 weeks a the vet that operated on her want to discus with us future operations (pallette and something else)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Our vet did a post op checkup 1 week after her surgery, to check Blossoms eyes, but if you are unsure, call your vet and just ask her if it is normal to see the stitches. It may just be the placement of the stitches, and since they are dissolvable stitches, they will disappear, so everything is probably fine, but it doesn't hurt to give the vet a call just to ask, and give yourself peace of mind.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im trying to - my vet is out on call not sure how long he will be ;-(
That is the eye im talking about
Otherone looks ok (no stitches visable)
u7a2upyq.jpg

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
I'd say stitches came out. Looks like Daizy's when her stitches came out. You will definitely be seeing your vet today to get it restitched. Daizy has had entropian surgery twice now. She does not like to keep stitches in and licks them out. It looks like the stitches have come out. Did you tell the receptionist what is going on? At my vet they would tell me to bring her in even if my vet is not there so at least the tech can have a look at it.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I just got of the phone with a vet that done the surgery - one of Lilys cherry was bigger so they done te stitching a bit higher up -that is why i can see it Good God! I can be at rest now ;-)
Lily is not bothered by them -she is walking without her plastic collar or a lampshade as i like to call it ,and we trying to keep her as calm as possible xx

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I just got of the phone with a vet that done the surgery - one of Lilys cherry was bigger so they done te stitching a bit higher up -Good God! I can be at rest now ;-)

Wouldn't it be great if they'd mention these damned details BEFORE you leave with them...Grrrr!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Day 3 of heeling process left eye is looking better ...right eye .hmm more messed up?(sorry last pic her eyes aren't clean as this was taken before morning cleaning ) Im getting worried that they messed it all up im going to make another appointment for next week Im probably overreacting but i become obsessed with my girls wellbeing and if she need another surgery i think im going to have a heart attack from worry
Please someone tell me im overreacting ;-(
uresu8y6.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi, did you ask the vet if the red should be visible? Blossom didn't have that after her surgery, she had some swelling, where the eye looked like it was smaller or a little closed, but there was no red showing on her eye.

here is a pic of before and after her Cherry eye surgery

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online