Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Alpha, I know you said you take your bulldog to a french vet, did they give you any ointment for the yeast?

You can try using over the counter yeast ointment (for the ladies), just make sure you don't put it in an area where your bulldog can lick it.

Also, you mentioned in another post that you give your bulldog a wet down to cool off. Trapped water or too much water will cause yeast. Make sure you dry him off well, especially in the wrinkles after his cool off.

Where is all of the yeast infection at? In his ears, in his nose rope, tear stain area, under the chin, paws?

There is anti-yeast ointment you can get from the vet here in the USA. Can you call your vet and ask if they have some?

OP
Alpha

Alpha

Jul 30, 2010
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Bulldog(s) Names
RoCkie
@bullmama: yes, he sell an expensive ointment but it doesn't work. I used malaseb shampoo only on the face fold, chest, paw & his head. I will try to upload some pictures once I get to come online using my laptop. IPhone doesn't have the upload image option ;) Guess, i'll try to lessen da rice & oats on his meal.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I use Stridex pads on Bertie. They work very well. If your dog happens to get too inflamed, try some burn ointment. Make sure that you are keeping her folds and wrinkles dry. The Stridex pad will help with that. I only use it on her once , sometimes twice a week. Knock on wood....we have had no problems at all.

tubbys_dad

Mar 27, 2010
Banning, Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Try washing her face and paws with a mixture of water and vinegar. I read about it here a while ago and seems to keep Tubby yeast free. Hopefully you find what you need here, like I have in the past.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
try pure coconut oil, that kills yeast and is non-toxic

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
I've try water and vinegar 1/1 on my dogs paws in it is working perfectly. I never tried on their head but if you decide to do this just be careful with the eyes. :) I hope soon poor baby will be in perfect shape.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.