The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
@JeannieCO @desertskybulldog @ChanelnBrutus @Marine91 @texaccarol @Scueva @Lokismom [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] @bullyluv34 [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=5232]DudleysMom[/MENTION] Well I just picked up the new antibiotic Clavamox at the Vet and almost :poo: my pants $154 for 3 weeks of pills. I think I said a cuss word at the clerk in shock and my jaw ell slack. These damn well better work or Bertha is getting a job, lol
Wow you could have gone to your primary care physician and got a script and it probably would have only cost $20 to $40. That price because it is a pet is highway robbery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Now I know they can get certain illness from eating other animal poo... Rabbit, deer, cat..... Is that a possible cause?

i hope this clears it all up for Bertha and you.... Keep us posted

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I paid 74 for a tube of ointment for Sally. I about crapped myself too but bought it. I'm pretty sure I know what Bertha's job will be if she has to get one. :evil:

Kisses and hugs to her. I :pray: works and like you said, she could have been on the wrong medication all this time.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Now I know they can get certain illness from eating other animal poo... Rabbit, deer, cat..... Is that a possible cause?

i hope this clears it all up for Bertha and you.... Keep us posted
She would
only be exposed to deer poop in front yard and we watch her like a hawk for that. I would think she would get GI symptoms from it but to be quite honest. I have no fricken idea!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@JeannieCO @desertskybulldog @ChanelnBrutus @Marine91 @texaccarol @Scueva @Lokismom [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] @bullyluv34 [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=5232]DudleysMom[/MENTION] Well I just picked up the new antibiotic Clavamox at the Vet and almost :poo: my pants $154 for 3 weeks of pills. I think I said a cuss word at the clerk in shock and my jaw ell slack. These damn well better work or Bertha is getting a job, lol

Holy COW!!! That's ridiculous... Ugh the pet meds are so expensive...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Holy COW!! I would have too!! That is just insane! I hope it starts to help ASAP though. thoughts n bully hugs your way!
@JeannieCO @desertskybulldog @ChanelnBrutus @Marine91 @texaccarol @Scueva @Lokismom @Vikinggirl @bullyluv34 @ddnene @DudleysMom Well I just picked up the new antibiotic Clavamox at the Vet and almost :poo: my pants $154 for 3 weeks of pills. I think I said a cuss word at the clerk in shock and my jaw ell slack. These damn well better work or Bertha is getting a job, lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Wow that is expensive! I also think they jack up prices b.c they know we will spend the money either way! Well I hope all goes well and she gets better!!!

xoxoxo

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep Clavamox is expensive bit it's a really good antibiotic. For future reference tho- if you need antibiotics you can always ask them to prescribe you the human equivalent instead. Waaaaaay cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.