Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probably nothing, but.......

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Probably nothing, but.......

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Could be ticklish, but sounds more like a pain of some sort, so I think a trip to the vet would be in order. Plus, don't know if you pick your bully up like you described above, but the proper way to pick a bully up without hurting him is to place one hand under his chest from the front between his front legs and the other hand from behind between his rear legs and lift.
    No, No! Of course not, I was just describing the area I am concerned about. I always support their little butt!

Thanks everyone - that is funny, because my BF thinks Wilbur is ticklish as well. He seems fine, acting like a goof and everything, but it is just this flinching. I am going to call my vet though, because I want to be on the safe side.
    My whole world

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Once again @Marine91 was thinking the exact things I was. Perhaps a bug bite or a muscle got pulled. I think you said he lay on his side, right? So if he's laying on his side it can't be too bad if he only reacts that way when you go to touch him....does that make sense?
    Good luck and keep us posted, please.
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

Default Update: Probably nothing, but.......

Morning all...
    I took Wilbee to the vet yesterday. She examined him up and down, felt organs, everything. Naturally he didn't flinch at all when he touched her LOL.
    She could find nothing wrong with him at all, and since he was wagging his tail and being a clown the whole time (enjoying his 'massage'), he exhibited no signs of pain at all. She said he is very likely a little ticklish in those spots.

So I can relax about that! However, I did walk away with 3 weeks of antibiotics for his poor chin/face (for the first time in a year, he has a bad breakout of "acne", probably from seasonal allergies).

Thank you for your input guys! xo!!!
    My whole world

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That's good to hear. I hope his acne clears up soon.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

You've received excellent advice from everyone and Lari and Marine are correct, if you are unsure or worried he could be in pain, then a trip to the vet is always a good idea, just to rule things out. Please keep us posted on how he's doing, and sending love, hugs and prayers that its nothing serious.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2Bullies View Post
    Hi Friends, Quick random question. I have searched the site for anything on this, but nothing applicable comes up. For a week now, Wilbur has suddenly started acting like he doesn't want to be touched on his sides (so if you're standing over him, and go to pick him up under armpits - shoulder/rib cage area). When I touch him ever so slightly, for example if he is laying on his side, his muscles ripple there and tense up. He doesn't do this when I touch him anywhere else. He used to LOVE getting brushed, but he has been getting up and moving away from me when I do this. It is consistent on both sides (but nowhere else on his body). I promise this is new - I have my hands on my dogs all the time, and this is a totally new behaviour. There haven't been any incidents or trauma...Any thoughts or experience with this? Of course I am terrified he is in some sort of pain.
    Great information, Thank You for sharing!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh im glad its nothing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads