Hives or something

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Ok i need help, rebel was up itching alot last night and this morning he had all these bumps/hives, the only thing i did different is he had an egg before he went to bed, is this an allergic reaction to the egg? Or maybe something else? I have pics this time hive.pnghives.pnghivez.png

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Someone will be along with more info soon, I'm sure. Poor Rebel. Dudley had a bad reaction to a parvo vaccine when he was a baby and he had hives, but they were all over...he was covered from nose to tail! I couldn't count them. His little face also swelled up like a balloon. I gave him Benedryl right away and the vet said it actually saved him. I'm thinking it's either the egg or something bit him. Sorry I'm not much help!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Not much help here I would try a benedryl and see if that helps him any. Loki gets big bumps like that if he gets bitten by a mosquito. Hope he feels better soon :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would think it would be bug bites or something like that... My bullies have had hives, but they were closer together than Rebel's. Plus they were in the stomach area, and the underarms... Sorry I'm not much help, I've never seen them on bullies like that before... I would definitely do the Benadryl.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
i gave him benadryl this morning two 25mg tablets because i read your supposed to go by weight, but right after that i had to leave for work now im totally freaking out

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
well it must've been an allergic reaction, after a couple doses of benadryl and this morning they were all cleared up,. YAAAAY

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
well it must've been an allergic reaction, after a couple doses of benadryl and this morning they were all cleared up,. YAAAAY
Glad to hear it!!! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY CRAP. They are some serious hives.... Could have been a bug bite, but stay away from the eggs till after summer and see if ther is another reaction to them... If not, it was a bug. Glad he is all better

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Oh thank goodness!!! :whew:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
He very well could have an egg allergy and that's the only thing that changed. Looks like hives to me from an allergic reaction. I tag a few peeps that will be able to help too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry, I'm kind of late, but I'm glad the Benedryl worked, as it did look like hives, so my guess would be the egg too. Glad you gave him the Benedryl, it won't hurt them so anytime you think it may be an allergic reaction to something, give it to him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.